Monday's Question of the Day - March 9, 2020

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope everyone whose clocks sprung forward this weekend are doing well and/or consuming some extra coffee today. The day got away from me. Whoops. :paperbag:

Today's question is courtesty of DD's writing prompts kit.

Fill in the blank:

The best meal I can imagine is: _______________________.

The best meal I can imagine is my Grandma's roast with kluski and her gravy. That was one of our Sunday dinners when I was a kid. I've made kluski (a dumpling) but without Gram's gravy it's just not quite the same.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Standing Crown prime rib with au jus
and horseradish.
Sautéed mushrooms
Baked potato with butter and sour cream
Steamed broccoli
For dessert: my (from scratch) gluten free red velvet cake with natural vanilla ice cream :clap:😋

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Y'all do realize that it's not even 8:00 in the morning in central PA and I'm already starving to death! Thanks so much!

Best dinner? It's what I normally make for my birthday: Prime rib (very rare, make it moo) complete with a good horseradish sauce, with Yorkshire pudding, mashed potatoes and gravy, Ina's Sagaponek corn pudding or her Asparagus with Leeks, a mandarin orange and pecan salad, and a large slab of a two-layer white coconut cake. Washed down with a really good white wine (I seldom drink red wine, even with beef). This is only thing that makes becoming another year older worthwhile.