Monday's Question of the Day - March 20, 2017

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We shop at a Giant Food, have for years. Up until the last couple of months, I've been fairly happy with Giant, but that's starting to change. Last night, I had some coupons that I wanted to use and the store had none of the items. It no longer carries Bounty Basic or Wisk detergent. 

I get that manufacturers pay for their space in the store and they're willing to pay for as much space as they can get. Combine that with the store needing to put all of its own store brands out on the shelves and well, the lack of variety is really starting to show. We're lucky to find Friskies Buffet pate anymore and have been going to PetSmart now for most of our cat food. I'm not switching cat food, just to patronize Giant.

Combine that with the lack of caring that many of Giant's store cashiers are starting to show and, well, Rick and I have been saying that maybe it's time to start shopping at the Weis store for a while. We're tired of bagging our own groceries (although really, I'm better off to do it myself so that eggs or tomatoes don't get put into the same bag as canned goods). It seems that the cashiers are in a race to see who can toss the items down the belt the quickest and things get smashed, corners get dented, produce gets bruised. Last night, the cashier finished throwing items down the belt, had already given Rick his change, and stood there and waited for me to finish bagging. I looked at her and said, "Seriously??" She sighed and threw some stuff in a bag.

To keep on topic, no we can no longer buy Luzianne at our store. It made a good iced tea. I also keep some decaf tea bags on hand for our DIL who, due to heart issues, cannot have caffeine. I also keep decaf k-cups on hand for her. She says that since she doesn't drink caffeinated anything, when she does drink even a little bit, she can really tell.
I used to shop at Giant almost all of my life. I used to get a prescription for my poodle there so I thought I also get a compounded one for my cat. The pharmagist went berserk. She told me NO and she was very nasty. That was 15 years ago and I have never gone back to any Giant and I never will.  My B/L delivers bread to Giant and he says the people working there are very rude.  Him and my sister are getting ready to do their shopping at Safeway.

I use Luzianne when I drink tea. I've had this box for a few years so I don't know if they still sell it in this area. I shop at Shoppers and Safeway.

Muffy