Monday's Question Of The Day - July 24, 2017

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't believe July is winding down already! It's almost back to school time for a lot of kids!

Do you like to take naps?

I do. Unfortunately none of my kids do. :crazy: I'm pretty sure I napped right up until kindergarten. When I was in high school I'd take a nap after school sometimes too. I used to take short ones or at least lay on the couch for a bit after work. When my DD was little and I was pregnant with DS I'd nap every day when she did. :p Sunday naps are amazing too. :cloud9: Actually I napped both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Sunday's nap kinda sucked me in and I had a hard time waking up from it. Too long I guess. I kept waking up and struggling to wake up but falling back into a dream. Maybe I needed it but I woke up with a headache. :cringe:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the winter I love naps. Summer is just too hot. I'm one of those rare people that can only sleep when the air around me is cold. I sleep very little in the summer. (even with 3 fans on me)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Naps? Holy cow - I already waste 3 - 3½ hours a night sleeping. If I took a nap, I'd be so far behind when I woke up that I'd never catch up. I'm semi-retired, and so only work about sixty-five hours a week. Maybe when I actually retire completely, and only work fifty hours a week, I'll be able to take a nap. Let me look at my day planner for 2035.

;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
No. First, I work full time, so I can't nap during the day (unless I steal 15-20 minutes from my lunch break). And til i get home from work, have dinner and the dishes cleaned up, well, for me to take a nap, then I'd never be able to fall asleep at night. So no naps here. Seriously, I don't have time.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've only taken a nap when I've been extremely sick. Other than that, I don't normally nap.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Naps? Holy cow - I already waste 3 - 3½ hours a night sleeping. If I took a nap, I'd be so far behind when I woke up that I'd never catch up. I'm semi-retired, and so only work about sixty-five hours a week. Maybe when I actually retire completely, and only work fifty hours a week, I'll be able to take a nap. Let me look at my day planner for 2035.

;)
Ha ha, you must be a human dynamo. Wish I had your energy.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
No naps for me, I enjoy the daytime too much. :wink:

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Absolutely! Every day, about 20 to 30 minutes after lunch, I take a nap for an hour or so. Have done for many, many years (more than 20). In fact, one of my dogs, Tasha, will start barking if I delay too long, she LOVES nap time!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love to read for a while in the afternoon but often find I have been napping for 30 mins or so and usually wake myself up snoozing. (Oh did I actually admit to that!!!)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't normally take naps. First, I work full time and second they tend to make me feel worse when I wake up than I did before. Like, I get really out of it. I'm not good at a quick nap, when I do it's sleeping.

Wait, I suppose snoozing on my train ride home counts, right? But that's more like passing out lol. Sleeping upright should not count!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do, but I'm trying to avoid it because then I can't go to sleep at night. A few days ago, I didn't fall asleep until 5 a.m. Then I sleep too late in the morning. Days later, I'm still trying to get to bed earlier and wake up earlier.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sleeping upright should not count!
I agree! :smash:

I ended up sleeping terribly last night after I posted this. Between that nap and then having a nightmare 2 hours into the night I was up for around 3 hours or so before I got back to sleep. So I will either need a nap today or get to bed early tonight. I'm thinking I should go for the latter here. Much as I love my naps I think I'd sleep too hard. :sleep:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having a kitten or a young cat can make you yearn for a nap. :sleep:
But I'm afraid I'm like a few posters here... if I try to nap, I wake up feeling completely zoned out.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate naps! They always make me feel so much worse afterward - groggy, gross and in a bad mood. So I avoid them like crazy. Probably the only person in the world that dislikes naps...

The only time I take a nap is if I am on the plane, whether a red eye or day hours.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love naps. I can't always actually fall asleep (depends how much caffeine I've had) but I'll give it a try any time!

I can't sleep on a plane or in a car though :/. Very annoying on long trips.