Monday's Question of the Day - July 20, 2015

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I have two older brothers.....

As far as cousins go,
me!
7 cousins on my mother's side and 50+ on my father's side. He was one of 13. Don't even get my started on second cousins.
Wow, that's a lot of relatives. My Dad is the youngest of 9 so I've got loads of cousins too, most of whom I've never met. I actually have no idea how many of them there are altogether.

Oh, and I have a brother and a sister.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 younger brothers. One is 2 1/2 years younger and the other is 7 years younger.

There are 10 grandchildren on each side, evenly divided between girls and boys (how tidy! :lol3:). So, counting us in that number. . .14 cousins altogether? My mom is the youngest of 6, my dad is the oldest of 4. But 2 of my mom's brothers didn't have kids. Well, one of them married a woman with adult children, so I guess I technically have step-cousins I haven't met. But since he didn't raise them and isn't close to them, we've never counted them as cousins, even though we've always counted my aunt's stepdaughter, because she raised her from infancy. . .clear as mud? Haha! Families are complicated. So I guess I have more than 7 cousins on my mom's side, I just don't know who they are :tongue2:.

I was never super close to any of my cousins as children, probably because we lived overseas so we rarely saw them. Now I keep in fairly regular touch with most of the cousins on my mom's side. I haven't seen my dad's-side cousins since we were babies---my dad's family isn't very close in general. My brother and my mom's sister's daughter are pretty good friends, mainly because they live in the same town and are the same age. They hang out together a lot and he's going to be in her wedding party.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ingave one sister older than me. We're very close now but as kids not.
I have 4 cousins in England. There is another one but he doesn't exist for me. He may not even be alive. He was older than us. Nasty man. I have one cousin here with whom I'm reasonably close.