Monday's Question Of The Day - July 17, 2017

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm struggling to come up with a good question today. I messed up my sleep cycle the last couple of days by taking good long naps in the afternoon. Then I stayed up late last night trying to download pictures from my photobucket account; one by one because their site isn't working right. :doh:

To top it off; I'm out of coffee creamer and apparently that with lack of sleep is making me emotional and I just want a taco. :dunno: :headscratch:

Can that be the question? :please:

Crunchy or soft tacos? Or no tacos? Or like my DH Taco Salad!

I like soft tacos. I always add a can of pinto beans to the taco meat; which is usually ground turkey for us. I buy the pre-shredded iceberg lettuce (because we use romaine in everything else). I dice tomato, add shredded cheese, taco sauce and a little sour cream.

DH basically makes a salad out of everything and eats it with multi grain tortilla chips. The kids will eat them in a soft taco wrap but DD likes it with chips like DH too. DS just doesn't like anything at dinner time unless it's pasta salad or an almond butter and jelly sandwich or sometimes pizza so his opinion doesn't count. Catch him at lunch time instead. :rolleyes2:

I just found a local butcher shop that has local, grass fed beef so I'm tempted to go there and see if I like their ground beef for things like tacos and meatloaf. Sometimes ground turkey just doesn't substitute as well.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I like them both, depending on what I'm putting into them. Crisp corn ones demand seasoned ground beef, cheese, picante sauce, guacamole, lettuce (for the other half, not me) and sour cream. Refried beans are optional, but not especially desired.

Soft flour ones go with fajitas with grilled onions and green peppers and maybe a grilled chopped jalapeño, cheese, sour cream, picante sauce and guacamole. Oh, and breakfast tacos with any combination of potatoes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, diced ham, cheese, picante sauce, and maybe sour cream.

Now I'm getting seriously hungry!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both at the same time---spread refried beans on a soft tortilla and put the hard shell in that. They're called taco bravos at Taco John's, not sure if other places have them. I do it with homemade tacos too.

I prefer shredded chicken or beef in tacos, or no meat at all. Ground meat just has the wrong texture.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Crunchy! I'll eat the soft ones, but they're not something I'd order at a restaurant or make myself.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both, any, ALL! I got my taco/hot sauce craving when I was pregnant with my son, 42 years ago! Somehow I never lost the craving. I can eat tacos 7 days a week. I like my homemade ones the best, seasoned ground beef, super hot sauce,cheese, lettuce, tomato,and lots of onion. I like the white corn shells and fry them just until they are crisp but still bendable. My husband says I should have married into a mexican family. OK, now I'm hungry, see ya!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I like soft tacos. Other times I put all the ingredients in a small bowl and use them as a dip for Fritos.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Soft veggie taco, loaded with guacamole, black beans (no refried), onions and red/green/yellow peppers. :yummy:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Soft tacos are my favorite but I do like the firey Doritos locos tacos from Taco Bell. I also like their taco salad- and the nachos supreme. Not all at once though. Of course no trip to Taco Bell would be complete without some of the Cinnabon Delights. They are EVERYTHING.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
You started something! I had to have homemade tacos tonight. Crisp El Paso Stand and Stuff shells with spicy ground beef, cheese, sour cream, Pace chunky picante sauce, and finely sliced green onion. The other half had lettuce, too. Ahhh, bliss.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I like soft tacos. Other times I put all the ingredients in a small bowl and use them as a dip for Fritos.
I like that idea. Instead of Fritos I'd use tortilla chips, Fritos are too salty for me.

Hard tacos break, and the filling falls out of soft tacos, so I like the crunchwrap that Taco Bell has.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miry-Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tacos are exactly what we had for dinner last night! It's the one meal that everyone in my family can agree on. I adore the crunchy and the soft shell equally, though soft shell gives me more meat options like chicken, shredded steak and/or pork, and of course the personal favorite:chorizo and eggs (breakfast tacos!!). My kids prefer the ground beef version. Of course the leftovers make for a great taco salad lunch the next day.:woohoo:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a slight preference for the crunchy tacos but either are fine by me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm making tacos again this week. And a black bean/corn enchiladas. DD is requesting tacos and I just can't resist a meal we all like so much. I'm thinking I should just make a double batch because we can't seem to get enough lately. And leftovers are always a good thing! :yummy: DH finished off the leftovers from some last week and I was kinda upset about it. :paperbag: Then DD was asking for them too. :lol: DS is the only one who doesn't care that much.

That sounds similar to Frito Pie. I always see that served at a local craft fair I go to in the fall. I always end up at the soup in a bread bowl booth. The food vendors are all there for a fundraiser but in the cold that soup always looks too good!
I like that idea. Instead of Fritos I'd use tortilla chips, Fritos are too salty for me.
They are awfully salty. I wish they would come out with a low sodium version. Their shape makes them nice for eating with a spoon. I often eat at my desk so eating with my fingers is harder.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's Taco Tuesday! :woo: We may go to a local restaurant for tacos tonight. I prefer soft shell, preferably corn. I love the shrimp tacos from a local restaurant, but they don't have them any more and no others have compared so far. :bawling2: I like chicken and al pastor as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going through menopause and have been for years. I wake up in a puddle 10+ times a night.
I crave salt sometimes.
I guess that makes sense if you are sweating a lot. DH learned the hard way that you need some sodium when your sweating constantly. He was making his own electrolyte drinks for work and ended up sick from the heat. I always try to use the lower sodium version of things or cut it a bit in recipes. But sometimes you need it I guess!
It's Taco Tuesday! :woo: We may go to a local restaurant for tacos tonight. I prefer soft shell, preferably corn. I love the shrimp tacos from a local restaurant, but they don't have them any more and no others have compared so far. :bawling2: I like chicken and al pastor as well.

We may end up having tacos tonight too. I really want those enchiladas but I just got in from grocery shopping and it's too hot to be heating up the oven/house. Walmart had a section of grass-fed beef so I'm trying that.