Monday's Question Of The Day - January 21, 2019

PipersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am not now, nor have I ever been, a night person. Even as a teenager, I didn't stay up late. However, I have little kids, so I am in bed even earlier than I would prefer. Pre kid me was in bed by 10... 11 at the latest if I had to stay up for some reason. Post kid me is in bed no later than 9 most nights because I am up a lot in the middle of the night because my kids don't sleep well on a consistent basis.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We go to bed between 4 am and 6 am. I take medication to help me sleep, otherwise, I would only get 2-4 hours of interrupted sleep.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I usually go to bed by 10-10:30 p.m. unless I fall asleep on the sofa with Carleton and wake up in the wee hours of the morning. Then I go upstairs to sleep.:sleep2:

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a sleep disorder so I don't have a regular bedtime. Meds helped me get through University and stay on a somewhat normal human schedule but I don't work off a 24 hour day like normal. So I cycle around and frequently am awake for over 30- 34 hours. So for example on a monday I'll go to bed at 4 am, tuesday I'll go to bed at 9 am, Wednesday I'll go to bed at 5 pm or maybe I'll be up till thursday- 2am/ 3, 4 am? It's really pretty random.

Finally now that I'm in my mid-forties I feel tired and ready to sleep closer to a normal schedule. This is probably the best year I've had in my life as far as being able to sleep but I've got a lot of catching up to do as I've been like this since I was just a few weeks old.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I try to be in bed by 10:30. HA. I usually am cleaning the house before bed (wiping the kitchen counters, sweeping the kitchen floor, etc.) and, after my bath, hit the rack around midnight. I wake up several times during the night, as a certain cat has decided that he's in love with me, and wants to be petted. I have always had trouble with getting enough sleep, and it's only getting worse.

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If left to my own devices, I am very much a night owl. If I don't have to work, my normal bedtime is around 3 am, and I am up the next day by noon. However, my work schedule is so random that I don't really have a set bedtime schedule. For example, today I worked a closing shift (till 9 pm), then I get to turn around and work an opening shift (9 am) tomorrow. It's 1 am right now and I will head to bed to toss and turn until I fall asleep......then look forward to a nap tomorrow after work :)

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have to get up by 6 to get ready in time. I usually get in bed by 10 and read til 10:30 or so. If it is a really good book I read longer. I have insomnia so if I get at least 5 hours I am doing good. Sometimes I wake up at 4:30 and just get up at 5.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually head to bed around 8 or 8:30, read for awhile or watch tv for a while. I get up at 5:00, so I'm ready by 10

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it varies a lot with me. i prefer to get to bed between 10 and 11 pm, but there are many nights where i don't get to bed until the wee hours of the morning. then there are also days that i've been doing things all day, up until bed time. on those days, it's not unusual for me to go to bed by 8 or 9 pm.

so i'd say that i just 'go with the flow' these days. :D