Monday's Question Of The Day - January 21, 2019

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not feeling super creative today so this question isn't that interesting.

What time do you head to bed?

I've always been a night person but I'm trying to change some habits. My normal time for bed is around 2am. But I'm trying to get myself to bed by midnight. When I worked outside my home I was usually in bed by 10. I never adjusted to the mornings though. :crazy:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, it's not even Monday yet! The early worm, etc.

Anyhoo, my schedule is about the same as yours, but I hate it because I like to get up earlier in the morning. I'm pushing bedtime back, too, but tonight I want to see the super blood wolf moon. I hope the eclipse is full within an hour.

My favorite bedtime is between 10 and 10:30, and get up between 7 and 7:30, but it's just a dream right now.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually make it to bed by midnight. I'm really really good at sleeping. Like almost cat level.

:zzzcat:
I'm a night person too and a professional sleeper/napper. If they had an Olympic event for sleeping/napping, I'd have more medals than Michael Phelps. I wouldn't be on a Wheaties box but you might find me in a mattress ad. :lol:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually fall asleep around 10am or so but am up by 3am. I have difficulties with sleeping so I take it when I can get it. I usually have a nap around 11 or so for a few hours if I can. My neighbor, who lives on the other side of the duplex, recently started playing the drums. He has an entire set in the garage and he practices there. I didn't notice it much at first but the other afternoon he played for 2 hours straight and it was loud. He told me he was going to have some friends over who used to have a band and they were going to "jam". :thud::gaah:
Oh well. Maybe they'll be good. :clap:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a retired RN taht for a good part of my life worked the 6-2 shift so had to be there by 5 to prepare and hear report. 4am was and still is my wake up time, perfect in the summer when I have to beat the heat with my extensive flower beds and gardens. I am always in bed by 9 and often start falling asleep by 8:30. I definitely have the most energy early in the morning. And before anyone starts calling me after 8 remember I'll return your call at 4 am, seems to be the only way to get some people to respect my bedtime after they pooh,pooh, my requests not to call. My dark early mornings are just as important as your dark late ones!

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On workdays I try to be in bed by 7pm because I need to be up by 2am. On my days off I try to have more "normal person" wake and sleep times. I don't think it's working. I'm always sleepy so I think I'm giving myself some form of jet lag.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People just don't seem to get it that there may be some who choose to go to bed early, I am always looked at like some kind of weirdo when I say I go to bed early. Evening functions are usually out, I do stay up for some, but I have never missed a sunrise and the promise of a new day!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Ms. Pepe and Amber usually start in meowing around 4:00 in the morning. We don't get up until 4:45, so I lie there and listen to the Breakfast Symphony. By 7:00 at night, I'm usually ready for bed. Mollipop, Muffin, and I usually go to bed around 7:00 or so, me with my iPad. I'll read until I fall asleep; some nights, that doesn't take very long. It seems that I'm always really tired and sleepy.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I usually head to bed at about 9 p.m. and read for half an hour or so. I wake up (or Mowgli wakes me up) somewhere between 4:30 and 5 a.m.. "Sleeping in" means 6 a.m. to me. :lol:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Usually around 10pm. I get up pretty early for work. My alarm is set for 5:10am and of course, usually at least one cat gets me up before that (looking at you Cocoabean). I watch TV in bed for a bit, but by 10:30 I'm almost always nodding off.

I find if I stay up later than that, I find a second wind and it kills my sleep for the night.

I've always been a morning person so this works well for me.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am usually in bed by 8pm and asleep between 9 and 10. I tend to watch videos, read or just check social media during that time. I would probably fall asleep at 8pm but the rest of the family is usually still up and it makes it harder to fall asleep.

I wake up at 5am weekdays so I am a 8 hour sleeper. I really don't function well with frequently less sleep. I've had times in my life when I am working different hours or going to school when I functioned on 4-6 hours of sleep. It was only with many daytime naps though.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a night person; I go to bed after midnight, between 0:30 and 2:00. I never sleep through the night. I get up between 7:00 and 7:30, to release the chickens. When I don' t have to work it happens that I go back to bed after releasing my girls.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer to be in bed by 11 pm at the latest, even on weekends. I'm still in my 20s, yet I feel like the living dead if I stay up past midnight. :cringe:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to be in bed by 11 most days as well - I wake up at 6, and ideally I should be in bed by 10, but I like watching the 10:00 news and the kitties are used to eating at 10:30.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will *go* to bed around 9 or 10 on work nights but I probably won't fall asleep until midnight or later because I'm reading.