Monday's Question Of The Day - February 5, 2018

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope everyone is well recovered from whatever "bowl" occupied your weekend. Super, kitty, puppy, pasta, toilet... ;):rolleyes:

Are you the tallest, shortest or somewhere in the middle in your family?

In my house I'm not the shortest yet but that day will probably come before my kids are done growing. I'm average but they seem to have the tall genes. Especially DD. I'm not ready for that day. But it will be nice when I can't reach something off the back of the top shelf at the grocery store and DH isn't there to help. :p

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two brothers, so I'm the shortest. Although, by the time my mother passed away 2 years ago she had become shorter than me, through natural aging processes.

Margret

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats are shorter than I but not by much. My 6' husband teases me mercilessly. He says I'm the only woman he knows who can sit on the curb and dangle her feet. He also notes that my driver's license picture is a full-length photo. I tell him I'm going to bite whatever's at tooth height but he doesn't worry because he's wearing boots. That's OK. My feet reach the ground just fine.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad, younger brother and younger sister are all shorter. My mom and I are about the same height. So I guess I'm tied for shortest in my family. (Unless Lelia counts. Then she's the shortest).

I think everyone in the bf's family is taller than me too, except for his nephew and that's just a matter of time.

And I'm 5'4" -average! Not even that short.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My two siblings and my father were taller than me (5'6" ), my mother shorter. All the nieces are shorter than me, the nephews taller.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I reckon around average - I'm taller than my mother, grandmother and two aunts, along with half nephews and nieces (They are all still under 20 though so that would easily change I'm sure :tongue:) I'm about the same height as both my male and female cousins, albeit one or two a tad taller than me.

Not surprising, shorter than my father and uncles.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm taller than my mom but my dad and brothers are taller than I am.

My maternal grandmother had 10 grandchildren; 5 girls and 5 boys. At 5'4", I'm the tallest female cousin. The shortest male cousin is 6'1". Doh! Darn boys get all the height.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My younger brother and I are both 6'3. So was my dad. And we all have deeeeep voices.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're all tall, except for my mom. I'm 5'9, my brothers and father are all over 6 foot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just looked up my kids most recent measurements online with a growth calculator. It predicts my DD will be 5'9 and my son 6'1". DD is in the 95th percentile on the growth chart; so somehow I expect her to be even taller. :rolleyes: <-- This is me looking up at everyone. :lol:

In my extended family we have people of all sizes. I'm taller than my mother, shorter than my father and have no blood siblings to compare to. I'm taller than my cousins on my Dad's side; shorter or almost equal to the ones on my Moms.

I found a picture of my Great-Grandparents and they were both very short! I'm kind of grateful I didn't get those genes. :lol: