Monday's Question Of The Day - February 19, 2018

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Monday.

Spring is getting closer and closer for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere. (As I started typing this one of my kids started singing Jingle Bells. Clearly we are in different places regarding the upcoming weather change! :p ) I've mentioned elsewhere in the Lounge that we are putting up bird houses; getting ready for the bird migration that is just starting. My feeder has been busy! Even the woodpecker has been back finding a little something in the feeder! My seeds for the garden are purchased and waiting. I'm so ready to be outside more often!

What is your favorite outdoor activity?

I love my garden but I think my favorite is close enough to call a tie between sitting on a covered porch nature/bird/rain watching and walking in the woods. I don't like bugs or heat really; but those are 2 places I feel refreshed when I have time for them. :agree:

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sitting on a back porch with a drink and someone to talk too...or if alone with my tablet and the internet. And I looooove it if it's raining. Reminds me of my mom. We would yap for hours as the rain fell....

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a huge outdoors person - my eyes are very sensitive to the sun and I don't like bugs (also, I get reactions to deet which is the most effective against them - my bullfrog is decent but not perfect).

I like ice skating outdoors, and sitting around a campfire making s'mores. And I'm more likely to enjoy being outside if I'm exploring some place I've never been before or travelling.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going for walks, hiking, exploring, swimming in a lake, enjoying a bonfire with drinks and cooked potatoes or roasted marshmallows, attending festivals, equestrian, reading a book with a book and tea on a fresh gentle rainy day.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Walks with Speedy
Driving on the highway on a hot, sunny day
Walking along the ocean shore looking for white stones for my little collection
Walking against the tide at the ocean
Working with perennials especially separating and transplanting perennials, I love that
Mowing the lawn in the sun
Looking for hearts in nature. If you look hard enough, you can find perfect heart shapes in leaves and petals
Going for night walks with Speedy and watching her dive after moths

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting on my deck while reading. I practically spend all my time there in nice weather.
I also like to walk although I need a walker since I got RSD/CRPS in 2000.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Working in the garden and the flower beds in the morning, followed by an afternoon in the pool. Something from the grill for dinner. Then at night, my sister might come over for a glass of wine while we sit out by the pool. It's a perfect day.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i enjoy mowing the lawn, and the smell of freshly cut grass. and i enjoy working on projects outdoors! :D

i love to walk trails, and go hiking -- it's been many years since i've done that though.