Monday's Question of the Day - February 15, 2016

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't had Chinese food in years! I would normally get chicken and broccoli or Szechuan dish.

We tend to get Thai food more now.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There was a Chinese restaurant we used to go to on Sunday after church. The last time we ate there my chicken still had feathers on it. That finished me with Chinese food. We never did order any take out food from a Chinese restaurant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There was a Chinese restaurant we used to go to on Sunday after church. The last time we ate there my chicken still had feathers on it. That finished me with Chinese food. We never did order any take out food from a Chinese restaurant.
Aaack!!  I'd be done too!  

But probably not for forever because this thread has me wanting to order some lunch. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Many years ago one of my co-workers used to frequent this particular Chinese restaurant in town. One day, he had put his leftover meal in the fridge here at work to be his supper as he had a meeting that night. Went to get his leftovers out and put in the microwave. His supper was moving. Seriously. Maggots. It was disgusting. That was the last time he ever ordered from that restaurant and it was about a year or so later, the restaurant got shut down. Took a while for us to order Chinese from any restaurant after that! 

hatchytt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a soft spot for General Tso's chicken and vegetable lo mein. Matter of fact, I judge a Chinese restaurant on their lo mein! If it's not good, I don't like the restaurant. And if they serve it with rice, I hate the restaurant.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many years ago one of my co-workers used to frequent this particular Chinese restaurant in town. One day, he had put his leftover meal in the fridge here at work to be his supper as he had a meeting that night. Went to get his leftovers out and put in the microwave. His supper was moving. Seriously. Maggots. It was disgusting. That was the last time he ever ordered from that restaurant and it was about a year or so later, the restaurant got shut down. Took a while for us to order Chinese from any restaurant after that! :cringe:
Winchester Winchester This is just too gross. I am glad I don't eat these types of food anymore.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Many years ago one of my co-workers used to frequent this particular Chinese restaurant in town. One day, he had put his leftover meal in the fridge here at work to be his supper as he had a meeting that night. Went to get his leftovers out and put in the microwave. His supper was moving. Seriously. Maggots. It was disgusting. That was the last time he ever ordered from that restaurant and it was about a year or so later, the restaurant got shut down. Took a while for us to order Chinese from any restaurant after that! :cringe:
I won't go into what I found on my pizza from this one place near where I used to live... needless to say I never ate there again. And it was hardly an isolated incident. I know someone that used to work there - they were told to handle that complaint (they had so many they had SOP for it!) by offering a free pizza, and people actually took it!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom found a fried chicken head in her chicken strip basket once. She was just amused---what do you expect to find in a wholesale bag of random chicken parts like a restaurant would get? I suppose a lot of people would freak out though. She showed the waitress, who said something like "no, I think it's just a funny-looking nugget" and took it away, and didn't say anything the rest of the night. But it was definitely a head. She probably should have pretended to be annoyed about it so the manager would comp her meal :lol3:.

Last edited: