Monday's Question Of The Day - February 12, 2018

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry for the delay guys. I've been trying to be productive at home and then I saw the news that a long time TCSer I've kept in touch with off the site has passed away. :( :sniffle: That caught me off guard big time today even knowing she was sick. She isn't the first TCSer friend we've lost; but it still stings when you feel like you get to know people here. Thankfully I had a question in mind.

What colors is your house decorated in?

My kitchen and living room upper walls are a sandy brown. The bottom half of the kitchen is a dark purple that I LOVE! I have oil rubbed bronze and copper accents. The bottom of the living room walls is a green. The rooms are semi-open to each other so they needed to blend but I didn't want the same color in every room.

My bedroom needs painting and furniture; but the window treatments are a nice muted version of seafoam green. I love them!

My bathroom is white with french gray and purple accents and roses. I have plans to do the other bathroom in grey and white with red and black accents based off a nice Mickey Mouse shower curtain we have. It's my kids bathroom so I can have fun!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My bedroom is periwinkle with ivory trim then dark woods and black iron furniture. The rest of the house is extremely colorful but mostly in earth tones. Except the bathrooms which tend to have more blues.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Before I adopted Artie, my "colors" were and still are variations of "Autumn" colors.. more specifically, the burnt orange, the creams, browns, cranberry colors ..

Of Course, Artie Matches my decor!!!

I was born during Autumn, so the favorite colors seem to be appropriate to me..

Unfortunately, in this apartment building, the walls have to be White-- yuck..
A nice warm cream, or a warm light peach/rust color would look really good in here..

I accent with whatever colors I want; change for each season-- however, the main stuff are in nice rust or cranberry colors...

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Walls are antique white. Living room, dining room and kitchen, which are all open, are burgundy, dark green and some navy blue. Bathrooms are shades of burgundy and green. One bedroom is burgundy and blue, one is peach and green and one is multi. My furniture is all oak, stained in fruitwood color. One bedroom set is oak, but due to water damage had to have some fill in and is painted white.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All I know is everything has fur on it. Is fur a color? I know fur has a taste.....

I often wash my clothes when I visit the cats. And when I get back to the truck,my clean clothes and sheets seem to have acquired cat byproducts. I have a shedded claw that somehow got into my truck...and is now a prized possession.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've been trying to be productive at home and then I saw the news that a long time TCSer I've kept in touch with off the site has passed away. :( :sniffle: That caught me off guard big time today even knowing she was sick.
I'm sincerely sorry for the loss of your TCS friend. :hugs: I have also made friends on the forum and would feel very sad if one of them was sick or succumbed to illness. Sending special thoughts and prayers your way. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
first i'll say that the colors that my house was decorated in were not my choice, they came that way when i bought the house.

let's see......the living room is a medium forest green color -- which imo is too dark for the room, so i'd paint it cream colored. the kitchen is yellow, which i can live with but would rather have more...natural coloring -- like a warm cream color, with a large cut-to-fit the space sheet of hammered copper on one wall...a feature wall. the downstairs bedroom is a medium blue color -- i'd paint it a sand/light tan color. and the bathroom is a......sort of light tan color, though it's not a gloss paint so condensation from the shower runs down the walls in tan-colored lines :headshake:. plans have been made to remodel the bathroom -- pretty much gut it, and start from scratch there. the downstairs hallway was wallpapered in fruit-themed with a yellow background -- :eek2: . i'd paint the bathroom a cream with maybe a hint of blue in it, and the hallway would be painted a warm cream. the upstairs hallway as well as the walls along the staircase are medium blue -- i'd go with sand/light tan there too. and the upstairs bedroom is currently a combination of flat white paint and wallpaper with roses on it. i'd go with a warm cream there too, with a feature wall of reclaimed wood planks -- various length planks, with a group of stain colors that went well together.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmmm. Well. The living room and back the hallway are painted in a very light rose grey; the carpet is burgundy-ish, I guess. The long wall from the living room into the kitchen is Cranberry Wall. The kitchen is Light Sage; all appliances are stainless. The countertops are granite, called Patagonia. The floor is a vinyl tile.

Our bedroom was done over last year in Thunderstorm (a medium grey) with white crown molding. The computer room is White Sage. Hardwood floors in both the bedroom and computer room.

I like a natural wood and we are slowly working over the woodwork in the house to a natural color. Kitchen and bedroom are finished; working on the bathroom floorboards now. We're also replacing all the interior doors as we move along; bedroom doors have been replaced as well as the bathroom door. We still have three doors to go.

Ok, the bathroom. I'm not going there. :paperbag: Right now, everything is blue.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mostly, off white walls. The walls downstairs and the hallway are hand done textured plaster, original to the house. Wood work is all brown stain or paint. Kitchen, however, is a reddish/pink/brown (Adobe?). It's a nice warm color. The tile floor picks up that tone, blues and browns.

Main bathroom is pretty much lilac and black with the same plaster white walls. More or less original tile work.

Our bedroom is a soft blue with brown trim. Quilt/comforter etc. are all pure white. Linens are various colors to add some interest but heavy on the blue tones.

The guest room is beige painted wide plank paneling about 3/4 up with brown trim. Linens are rose/red.

Office bright green, brown trim.

Our powder room is a light yellow which was a terrible choice. I hope to change this sooner than later!

Hardwood throughout except kitchen, hall and baths.

Trim is the continuity of color throughout the house. For someone that works in the design field I've been woefully negligent about decorating my own home.

mannie3moon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I rent, so my walls are a plain just-off-white color. Except for my bedroom, which came painted a lovely dark peach color, and I have dark, walnut-colored bedroom furniture. My curtains are medium grey with scarlet trim.