Monday's Question Of The Day - August 7, 2017

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry I'm running late today. I'm working on getting into a new routine. School will be in session by this time next week! :thumbsup:

Last night I was grocery shopping and I saw a little girl whose GORGEOUS hair was almost down to her knees. She couldn't have been older than 4. My DD had very long hair at that age; but I don't think it got past her waist like that. It also hadn't been trimmed much and it still had a little curl so it didn't have the same look as this little girl's hair. It made me miss DD being that age too.

What is the longest and shortest you have ever had your hair? (Bonus if you can share a picture! :p)

The longest I have ever had my hair was about 3" past my waist. I used to sit on it a little and it would get stuck on the bolts that held the back of our chairs on in school. :cringe: That used to HURT! I was in the 8th grade when my hair was this long.

The shortest was in the 3/4th grade. My mother and I had matching "pixie" type cuts with perms. So it was longer on the top. It looked awful and led directly to the waist length hair I had in middle school. :lol: It might also have influenced keeping DD's hair so long. But I do let DD have input in her hair cuts. Back then she loved the move Tangled and wanted long hair like Rapunzel. :)

Now I keep my hair a few inches past my shoulders. Any shorter and it's more work to style it. But I'm also losing patience with it if gets too much longer. I've done an 11" and 14" donation when my BFF was going through her cancer treatments (it returned once); and that resulted it above the shoulder hair. But I don't cut it that short on purpose. And I don't think I can stand to grow it long enough to do that again. ;)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shortest was in my mid-20's, which was sometime in the 1980's. I had it shaved around my ears, and kind of punky, standing up on top. Also colored interestingly LOL.

Longest was as a kid, when my hair was naturally mid-back length. Since I'm an adult I never seem to be able to grow it longer than about shoulder length.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother kept my hair short when I was a kid and I always kept it short as an adult. I don't ever remember my hair being past my shoulders. I had a perm last week and the lady cut my hair so short I now look like a butch. LOL I did not tell her to cut it that short.

Ellen

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My hair does not seem to want to grow past just below my shoulder blades. It doesn't seem to matter how long I go without a trim it just starts looking ratty, breaking and not going longer. Probably because I have very fine hair (but not super thin, just fine enough that can't hold a curl to save my life). Shortest is chin length which I used to keep it chin to shoulder length in my college days and a few years past. When I was a kid I would grow it out for a few years then chop it off up until high school.

Lately, its been longer just because I am trying to grow out some damage and just chop all the damage off in one go. Bad hairstylist and bleaching damage from going a white blonde, then grey, and then the under being pink for about a year. Right now its more ombre with the blondish ends and a medium brown that is my natural color at the roots. Probably lighten and get some high/low lights when I finally get around to seeing someone about it again.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was growng up having long hair was popular. I remember being able to sit on my hair. Sometime around high school I opted for shoulder length hair. Nowadays I keep still it around sholder length or just a bit shorter. My hair is currently just past my shoulders but I haven't been able to get it trimmed. Probably will do that myself with a pair of scissors. I put my hair up anyways so any unevenness will be unnoticed.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry no pics - the shortest was in my early 20's when I had the Dorothy Hamill hairstyle. Anyone remember that? Then I grew it a bit longer until I went for a trim after my first child was born and something went terribly wrong, i.e. the hair stylist got carried away cutting it or should I say chopping it? :mad: Ever since then I have grown it out and it's never been shorter than shoulder length. (I like being able to pull it back for exercising.)

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Longest: Around 11-12 years old, mid way past my back.

Shortest: Around 13 years old, chopped it off around chin length.

Albeit it grew long again to a few inches past my shoulders during my later teen years.

Right now it is about mid-way on my neck. It's naturally wavy/curly, and as I love the 1920's so I like the little inspiration from it, while still being modern, fresh and apparently cute. Granted, I used to always want my hair long :lol: but it is baby fine (And I did a lot to it during my younger years, like straightening and dyeing, which didn't help it's health so took some time with cuts and hair care. Otherwise, breakage and scragglyness was a problem) so what can one do? at least it is nice and healthy now and at the end that's what matters most.

I would never look good with true short hair though, like a pixie cut! And not interested in ever getting one anyway.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The longest it's been is about to my waist. It's been that long a few different times---my mom didn't cut it until I was 4 or 5, then cut it to about mid-back, then I had it short when I was 8 or so. Then I let it get long again, various lengths depending on my mood. About 11 or 12 years ago I cut it to shoulder length, then short. Now it's pretty short, kind of boy-short I guess. It's so much easier; in the morning I just slick the poofy parts with water and comb it and that's it. If I had the guts I'd buzz it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I always used to be able to sit on my hair when I was a kid. When I was about 12 my mother decided to cut it off and I was absolutely mortified. It was just a kind of chin length bob, but I hated it. I started growing it again and it's been long ever since.

Hmmm, the sites not letting me post pictures today, but I posted them before in this thread.

Let's see your hair! :)

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had long hair until age 32; it was long enough for me to sit on it.

My Mum did have it cut short when I was 8 years old, and she was expecting my brother. I HATED it and cried daily.

As an adult, when I finally had it cut, the hairdresser shortened it in stages, over a 3 years period. The shortest I've ever done myself still allows me to clip it in a pony tail - albeit a small short one.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess past shoulder length is the longest- maybe shoulderblade length. Shortest was when I had the Dorothy Hamill cut in the late 70's/early 80's. As cute as it looked on Dorothy, it made me look like someone put a salad bowl on my head and cut around it. :headshake:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We had a house fire a few years back, so I don't have photos of either, but the shortest was a very short pixie that my mother forced on me, and the longest was about half-way down my thighs.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think i've had my hair cut/kept short-ish for almost my entire life. the longest it got was maybe a few inches below shoulder level, and the shortest is pretty much where i keep it now -- trimmed as low as it can be using the electric trimmers.