Monday's Question Of The Day - April 9, 2018

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I rarely eat any kind of jam, jelly or preserves on bread or toast. However, I love to play with them to create glazes and sauces for meats. I make a great seedless red raspberry glaze for baked ham; it's delicious. I love a good apricot-pineapple glaze for roast pork, made from preserves. Peach preserves is great for roast pork, but also chicken. Honest. So usually when I do buy jams or preserves, it's to play with, not to eat on bread or muffins.

I do make strawberry surprise streusel muffins from time to time because Rick loves them. They're just a regular muffin with a good dollop of strawberry preserves baked inside and a nice streusel topping.

My sister makes her own strawberry preserves with less sugar. She was surprised when I served it over French vanilla ice cream one night and topped each bowl with a fresh strawberry and some fresh mint leaves.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Favorite jam is low sugar grape.
Least favorite jam is toe jam.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My favorite preserves are pear preserves or fig preserves which I cook myself. It depends on which one I am eating at the time. They are both wonderful to warm them just a bit and serve over vanilla ice cream. If we are talking about the ones bought off the shelf at the store, then my favorite is .......get ready..... orange marmalade. I know kick me out of here, right?