Monday's Question Of The Day - April 9, 2018

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just caught myself trying to make the year 2019! :eek: :lol: I haven't made my coffee yet! :p

What is your favorite kind of jam/fruit spread? What is your least favorite?

My favorite is probably raspberry or a tart cherry one. But right now I'm very much enjoying a jar of Strawberry Rhubarb spread I found at a local store. It's applesauce based; but man that rhubarb flavor is amazing! Especially with the sweetness of the strawberries. It makes me miss my Grandma's pies! But this is really good over maple almond butter on toast! I've had it for dinner a couple nights recently. :yummy:

My least favorite is definitely marmalade! My mother loves it but there is almost nothing worse to me than biting in a piece of orange peel like that. :cringe:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
very interesting Question!!! ;)

i think i don't have one particular favorite jam, jelly, or preserve -- because i love them so much! :redheartpump: a few of my favorites are blueberry jam, watermelon rind jelly (tastes like cinnamon jelly), and a black cherry flavored jelly that i make using (leftover) beet juice, sugar, and a packet of black cherry kool-aid. :yummy: i also love lemon curd as well as lemon jelly.

my least favorite would be marmalade. i mean, i really wanted to like it...but it's not one i enjoy. :dunno:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love apple butter, with grape jelly a close second.

My least favorite is basically anything with seeds or fruit pieces in it.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fig. The best!

Any marmalade. Dislike citrus as a spread let alone with pieces of peel in it. Blech

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love strawberry jam. I'd have to say marmalade as well. It's strange as I enjoy citrus fruits, maybe its the sweetness that makes it taste unpleasant to me?.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid, I loved grape jelly. I still love it!:redheartpump: Blackberry is second.

And like most folks here, I've never liked orange marmalade.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually get Smucker's blackberry jam. Last time I was at Ikea I got a jar of their lingonberry jam which is very good too. I also like nice chunky strawberry preserves.

As least favorite, I'll say grape jelly. I don't like the fake grapey flavor. Even if it's made with real grapes it just tastes fake like "grape" candy. As for marmalade, I actually like to eat it plain (just nibbling a tiny bit off a spoon, it's a little overwhelming!) but I've never found anything it tastes good on :dunno:. I'm not even sure what people eat it with, generally speaking.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love strawberry and raspberry (I tried kiwi jam at a farm last year and that was really good, too!). Not sure about least favourite but I'm not a huge lover of apricot.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is with you people and orange Marmalade? LOL.
I love the stuff. I also like blackberry and blueberry. My least favorite if apple and pear jelly.

Lilacat >(^.^)<

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Home made with less sugar. Blackberry, raspberry, pureed pears with cinnamon, which is great on pancakes/waffles.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My least favorite is basically anything with seeds or fruit pieces in it.
That's the hard part about the raspberry! Sometimes I can find it seedless but sometimes not. I have a good raspberry bar recipe that uses raspberry jam; but seedless is best in it!
Any marmalade. Dislike citrus as a spread let alone with pieces of peel in it. Blech
Exactly! :lol: I had no idea so many people dislike marmalade. :thumbsup:
Home made with less sugar. Blackberry, raspberry, pureed pears with cinnamon, which is great on pancakes/waffles.
Home-made is the best! One of my best friends will make some and come up with her own combinations. They are SO good!! She did one with nectarines that was AMAZING!! :yummy:

Desertmouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm...I really like peach jam myself, followed by strawberry

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I prefer preserves to jam and prefer jam to jelly. My favorite for a PJ&J or on warm biscuits is Strawberry preserves. What is strange I prefer preserves to the other two but I like creamy peanut butter.

I don't care for marmalade. I only tried Orange marmalade once but I disliked it so much I didn't try it again. Usually if I dislike something I will try it again because maybe the first one just wasn't good. I didn't give marmalade a second try though.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Homemade fig preserves are at the top of the list, followed by the now defunct Bama apple butter. I haven't found one as good. I love a good jalapeño peach, too. A local family mades a carrot cake mixture that's fabulous. I could eat the whole jar with a spoon.

Grape and lemon curd are at the bottom of the list.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like Welch's grape jelly and apple jelly. My least favorite is anything orange or strawberry.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely love Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves. Least favorite would be apricot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This thread has not been good for my sweet tooth. I want to go out looking for new varieties to try!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love raspberry and blackberry jam. Must be seedless. No marmalade. I don't like the bits of rind in it. I do like lemon curd though. I do like peach preserves. Nothing with figs because of all the little seeds. I don't like strawberry or grape jelly/jam. Too sweet.