Monarchs In The Flowers

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
This was taken out in the front yard flower bed with the black-eyed Susans, the Joe-Pye and the white peegee hydrangeas. There are monarch butterflies and the entire area was just humming with the bees droning.

If you're looking for a plant that is drought-resistant and that the bees love, check out Joe-Pye. You do have to water it after you've just planted it until it gets established, but after that, it does pretty well wherever it grows. This is full sun.

Monarchs.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I love monarch butterflies, your picture is breathtaking. Thanks for the tip on the Joe-Pye too. :thumbsup: I may have to look for them at one of the landscape nurseries here.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's beautiful Winchester Winchester

I'm looking for something that doesn't mind being in the shade, can survive our winters, is strong enough to cope with whatever this many pine trees does to the soil and is OK with being sprayed with cat pee occasionally.

If anyone has any idea what this super plant may be, please let me know.

:lol2:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm looking for something that doesn't mind being in the shade, can survive our winters, is strong enough to cope with whatever this many pine trees does to the soil and is OK with being sprayed with cat pee occasionally.

If anyone has any idea what this super plant may be, please let me know.

:lol2:
Norachan Norachan - That's easy - I have those in abundance here. They're called, "rocks."

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
This was taken out in the front yard flower bed with the black-eyed Susans, the Joe-Pye and the white peegee hydrangeas. There are monarch butterflies and the entire area was just humming with the bees droning.

If you're looking for a plant that is drought-resistant and that the bees love, check out Joe-Pye. You do have to water it after you've just planted it until it gets established, but after that, it does pretty well wherever it grows. This is full sun.

View attachment 193470
Hummingbirds like it too! :-)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
those are lovely pics, Winchester Winchester !

i was outside yesterday and was watching a monarch butterfly enjoying my butterfly bushes -- along with quite a few bees. there haven't been many monarchs around here for several years, so it was wonderful to see one.