Mommy cat needs a home!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know I have had cats with fleas and never saw them either. I can't believe it was just fleas. YAY! I was so nervous about the blood tests. I am going to miss hearing about her. I can't wait until she gets a home

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heather, mommy is so luck you took her in & found a rescue for her!!! Keep us updated on her progress!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

You know I have had cats with fleas and never saw them either. I can't believe it was just fleas. YAY! I was so nervous about the blood tests. I am going to miss hearing about her. I can't wait until she gets a home
me too! I can't wait till she gets a forever home too, till she gets herself all settled in and comfortable! I will keep you posted.....the rescue lady has already emailed me today.

I couldn't believe that fleas could cause scabbed type wounds on her, that she would lick & bite open, and then scab up again....and a rash type area where her fur was getting thinner around her hiney....but the vet said that she has an allergy to fleas (the way some humans are allergic to bees) and it caused her to have this serious allergic reaction, losing some fur, and the cracked/open type wounds.....
the poor little pumpkin, the whole time being eaten alive by fleas, and then suffering with the itchy miserable pain of an allergic reaction.....

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

me too! I can't wait till she gets a forever home too, till she gets herself all settled in and comfortable! I will keep you posted.....the rescue lady has already emailed me today.

I couldn't believe that fleas could cause scabbed type wounds on her, that she would lick & bite open, and then scab up again....and a rash type area where her fur was getting thinner around her hiney....but the vet said that she has an allergy to fleas (the way some humans are allergic to bees) and it caused her to have this serious allergic reaction, losing some fur, and the cracked/open type wounds.....
the poor little pumpkin, the whole time being eaten alive by fleas, and then suffering with the itchy miserable pain of an allergic reaction.....
Our beloved Sambo was allergic to fleas too, that is why he always wore clothes, it kept him from getting at his skin so bad, I also gave Sambo Benadryl to help with the itching. I used Advantage on him on a regular basis too, and it helped a lot with his fleas, but if one flea got on him it almost drove him nuts.

You can see Sambo below in my signature thing wearing his clothes.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
yeah for Mommy and lots of kudos to you Heather
bet you never would have thought you'd be doing this a year ago, eh? I'm so glad things are working out
sending lots of healing and find a home vibes {{{{{{{{}}}}}}}

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

yeah for Mommy and lots of kudos to you Heather
bet you never would have thought you'd be doing this a year ago, eh? I'm so glad things are working out
sending lots of healing and find a home vibes {{{{{{{{}}}}}}}
I KNOW it wouldn't have happened a year ago! It was my DH that brought her to my attn, asking if we had any cat food to spare that he could feed her.....
if it wasn't for LuckyGirl, melting his heart, he never wouldn've even thought once about that cat. LuckyGirl is ONE magical girl I tell ya'!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some good news! (no adoption yet, but still very good!)

Here is the email I recieved from the rescue who took Mommy in:

Hi Heather,
I was just going to e-mail you---great minds think alike!
Mommy cat is doing fine. When we got honme, I set her carrier down, opened the door in a separate room and let her come out when she was comfortable. It gets a little chaotic and noisy around here when a new animal arrives. I wasn't sure how she would react to the dogs???? Within 10-15 minutes, she came out, walked by my dogs and wanted up on my bed which she has now claimed as her own! I had to put a step stool for her because she is "too plump to jump"---LOL.
Her open sores have started to scab so I keep them moist and give her meds to relieve the itching. It'll be at least another two weeks before the scabs fall off and the hair will hopefully start to grow again???
All in all, she's doing well.
Her total bill is $75---alot better than $100-$200!
As far as adoption, we do have two applications on her but will be happy to accept a third. We do have a process of taking essay type apps, checking vet refs and doing in home visits. There is also an adoption contract that must be signed by the adopter and an authorized representative of our agency.
Please tell your potential adopter to e-mail us her/his info and we will be glad to consider them
Have a great day!
Bea

This means that she will do well in a home with cats and dogs!
Also she has 2 adoption applications on her now, and I have just received another that I forwarded onto the rescue!
She wants to cuddle in bed! Doens't that just make you all warm & tingly inside!
I will keep you all posted of her pending adoptions!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so exciting! I love how Bea is keeping in touch too
This story will have a happy ending thanks to you Heather!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great news, I am sending some prayers and hugs for Mommy cat that she will soon have a forever home.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

This story will have a happy ending thanks to you Heather!

Mommy can live the rest of years in happiness :clap;

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys! I believe all of your prayers worked for her! I am just thrilled that even for now she gets to sleep in a warm bed....even if it means she needs a step stool to get her tubby hiney up there!
I was really feeling horrible about keeping her in Jazzy's bedroom, she has a loft bed, and there was no place for her to lay on or cuddle up in....so I had made her a bed out of 2 blankets. I know it's way better than what she was used to, but she really deserved to be up on a bed....laying in a ray of sunshine!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great news! :clap You did a wonderful thing for Mommy cat, Heather.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

That's great news! :clap You did a wonderful thing for Mommy cat, Heather.
Yes you did Heather, I am sending you some thank you hugs from Mississippi for doing such a wonderful job for Mommy cat.