Momma doesnt knoe what to do

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot answer the feeding question; but I know Misty is showing her how to be a good Momma. Misty is an exceptional cat.

My gut feeling is that Misty will not allow those babies to "want for anything". She will take over where momma takes off or neglects. Misty has too much love in her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So if misty takes over I should not intervene? If so then I will not worry. I'll just pick up extra kmr to help misty out if she needs it.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I have never had kittens. I am just going on what I have heard, seen, and read about animals. Misty is such a loving kitty.
I have seen foster animal moms take over for orphaned babies.
Hopefully someone with kitten experience will be able to help with advice.

You are a wonderful person for all you have done and are doing. Bless you.

Happy Thanksgiving

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should intervene if Misty starts to let them suckle, assuming she doesn't have milk anymore.

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Misty has no shortage of milk. Her babies are still nursing. They should be about 3 or 4 weeks right now and I'm going to start offering them mush today.

So if she has milk still intervene?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's important for them to bond with their mother, but I don't see the harm in Misty helping.

Will all of these cats be fixed at the appropriate time?

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Misty is a good mom...It seems the new mom is very unsure of her role in being a mom.

She may abandon them, although it is unusual for a cat to do so. I think it is just inexperience on her part. How old is she? I mean the new mom? If she is young, then maybe her hormones have not completely kicked in yet.

I am not worried about the babies being cared for by Misty. She still has milk coming in. That should not be a problem. As long as she is not overburdened. Misty's own kids are a couple of weeks older, so the timing may be right.
Misty will not ignore one group over the other.

Please keep us updated...

The KMR sounds like a great idea..as does the canned kitten food which can have the KMR or water added to it.

kattykat1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am not sure how old the new mom is, she is not mine. She doesn't even have a name :( and my cats will be fixed, I am not sure what my neighbors plans are for the kittens