Momma cat with SEVERE mastitis...possible gangrene? WARNING - GRAPHIC PHOTOS

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am smiling away at your recent update on Tigger. She is definitely feeling better!!! :woohoo: AND!!!!! :thud: What a lovely tabby girl. So beautiful and I love her red nose. Cute as a button. :rub: I really think Tigger's turnaround is a very, very positive sign and I am keeping up the vibes and prayers that this continues. All because of your efforts and care, the worst may be behind Tigger. We will stay hopeful!!! :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: Will be waiting to hear what the culture shows tomorrow.

Can't forget to send vibes for those kittens too. They are lucky to have such wonderful foster surrogate mommies. :hugs: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

bentliy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's great! I hope she'll be able to reunite with her babies soon. :]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

levi68

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would like to reunite as well, even if she doesn't have milk. It would be nice for them to be able to suckle and momma could help me clean these little buggers! :)

However I don't want to introduce any bacteria to the site, so I'll have to wait and see how it heals.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's going to take a long time to heal completely but you might be able to put some sort of tubular bandage round some of her middle to protect it.  That is if she wants to see them - sometimes after being separated for several days cats forget they have kittens.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's going to take a long time to heal completely but you might be able to put some sort of tubular bandage round some of her middle to protect it.  That is if she wants to see them - sometimes after being separated for several days cats forget they have kittens.
Yes, I agree.

And honestly, at this point, I would keep things as they are. Don't need to stress Tigger out more by letting her see her babies and then possibly having to take them away if things don't go so well. Let her have this week to heal from this very serious infection. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for both momma and those babies.

levi68

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, I am not going to even think about it for another week. The prelim culture came back and the antibiotics she's on is the right one. They are offering her 6 more laser treatments at an amazing price. So I will take her once a day til saturday and then ask the vet's opinion regarding reuniting them.

bentliy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad the vet is cutting you/the shelter a break on these treatments. This is one of the worst wounds I've seen on ANY animal! 

Hopefully, unless the babies find homes prior, they can be allowed to play together. One of my mommas with 5 babies was spayed as soon as she was able, the wound got infected (much like but nowhere near as severely as Tigger) and the kittens still wanted to knead and suckle. It was so hard keeping her away! Once was able to reintroduce her, she seemed so much happier. I think it was therapeudic. :)

levi68

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, out of desperation to save one of her kittens two night ago, I gave the kittens back.  Unfortunately, we lost him anyway.

Tigger had her fifth laser treatment today and her wound is looking awsome.

bentliy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I read about poor little Lewis... My sincerest condolences... It hurts to lose them so little when you barely got to know them. But he was warm and loved and that's because of you and your hard work to save him and his momma, who looks MUCH better!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I'm sorry to hear about the kitten, 
    but am thrilled at how increadibly better Tigger's wound looks.