Momma cat hates 5mo kittens and everyone else on house. Only nice to humans

twckittenmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my momma cat. She was nice a sweet when i scooped her off the street with a bad injury and half starved to death. To my surprise she was pregnant once she regained weight. All but one baby died. She ended up prego a second time. And my vet ended up with a earful when i learned my fixed male wasnt fixed. Well momma cat is constantly in a growl from room to room at the other cats. No one messes with her. Well her son trys to play but hes not mean. Only one she doesnt hiss at, is my now fixed male cat. Idk how to calm her lil butt down. This growling has to stop. The poor kittens hide when she passes.

Last edited:

pusheen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Get her spayed, first thing.

Do the kittens still try to suckle from their mother? At some point or another, mom cats start weaning and detaching from their kittens. This often involves growling and hissing at them to make sure they understand that she's no longer their caretaker--if she wasn't so harsh, they'd never leave her. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twckittenmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes they  no longer suckle. and yes ik kittens need to be fixed. but even my other cat is fixed. not the male that wasnt fixed. she growls at him and smacks him. same with the kittens. could this just be hormonal from not being fixed and not getting prego? im bringing her in to be fixed. but im trying to get her to full health first. im extremely scared to have a cat put under. ive lost a few that way. so im making sure she is in good health before hand. should i seperate and put her in my office wiith her own litter box and bed? do you think that will calm her down.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats are spayed all the time after having babies, it's A LOT better then having her growling at everyone and not spayed, end up prego for sure too.

Then you will be even deeper in a hole with far too many unfixed.