Mom!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother is my best friend in the whole wide world, but every now and then, she makes me laugh at the funny things she does for me. She called my sometime last week and asked if I had any good shoes. This happens to be a loaded question when it comes to my mother, because if I say either a) yes, they aren't good enough for her b) if I say no, I'm an idiot. Today, I get a box in the mail with a "good" pair of hiking boots with four pairs of wooly socks. This wouldn't be so bad, if the shoes weren't a size 4 and the socks were built for the Jolly Green Giant. I love her so much that I don't have the heart to say that the boots won't fit. She made my day.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I love that. I haven't lived at home for three years now, and still if my mom finds out I have so much as a sniffle she calls me at 9:30 the next morning to ask if I have a doctor's appt yet.

She also calls and asks if I need stuff. There's always an estate sale or my grandma has extra or something. Do you need towels, or plates, or tables, or everything you could think of. She won't buy me clothes though because I'm super weird about what I wear, and how it fits, and she knows it's likely to be "just not quite".

But that's so cute.

Every question a mom asks you is loaded! I can't wait to do that to my kids in a couple decades!

I love my mommie...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Moms are special people. Sounds like you have a couple of neat ones. Enjoy them while you can. Mine's been gone a bunch of years and I got misty reading your stories

Hiya Ma

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, this is part of a long list of things that she has done for me that make me laugh. One last thing about her, I told my DH when he proposed that he had to ask my Mom's permission. If she said no, then I wouldn't do it. I've learned through out my teenage years, that even though I may think my Mom is wrong she ends up being right 99% of the time. (I have to hold out hope on that 1% every now and then). I also hear her all the time, like when it's snowing and I don't have a hat and gloves, or when I'm running low on my gas tank. At my old job, I only parked in the parking garage because she said she would worry about me getting mugged. Even though she lives far away from me, I still think that she can sense what I do on a daily basis.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Moms are special people. Sounds like you have a couple of neat ones. Enjoy them while you can. Mine's been gone a bunch of years and I got misty reading your stories

Hiya Ma

My mom does stuff like that for me too. Whenever I'm home sick from work - she'll call and ask if I've made a DR. apt yet, and if I haven't, she'll call it in for me! Then she'll call me back and tell me that she made my appointment, cuz she knew I wouldn't! I always think thats so funny.

She's definately my best friend - I don't know what I'd do without her - I talk to her every morning at 7:30 on my way to work, and at 6 when she gets off work - and about 10 times in between
I go nuts if I don't talk to her - it sucks living 2 hours away!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

She's definately my best friend - I don't know what I'd do without her - I talk to her every morning at 7:30 on my way to work, and at 6 when she gets off work - and about 10 times in between
I go nuts if I don't talk to her - it sucks living 2 hours away!
Mom's are like that Kenz.......
I just love mine so much and she's moving to TN after Christmas................