Mom is gone...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Susie, I know this is difficult for you, but she isn't "gone". She's further away, but she isn't gone for good. You can still call and chat with her, exchange emails (if she's tech saavy), and still have face to face visits too. The face to face time won't be as often as you're used to, but you can also make sure that every time you do see her that it is really a special time for both of you.
I agree

There are some of us that no longer have mothers that we can talk to or visit with no matter how long or short the distance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

gives you an excuse for lots of weekend trips though!!
Yeah, I hear Southwest offers a round trip deal for something like $79 one way to Nashville......

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Yeah, I hear Southwest offers a round trip deal for something like $79 one way to Nashville......
Wait! She's going to Nashville?! You lucky DOG! Your weekend trips are going to be so fun! Think about BBQ, and the weather is nice. In fact it's a great place to live. You and Jerry are going to have so much fun visiting her.

Also the drive down is going to be really nice. You can see some great roadside attractions!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Wait! She's going to Nashville?! You lucky DOG! Your weekend trips are going to be so fun! Think about BBQ, and the weather is nice. In fact it's a great place to live. You and Jerry are going to have so much fun visiting her.

Also the drive down is going to be really nice. You can see some great roadside attractions!
I take it you've been to Nashville Heather?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

And you might run into Keith Urban.
Just pop that Aussie hussy wife of his and steal him away!
What country guy sings that song, "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once, as I ever was"?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I take it you've been to Nashville Heather?
Oh yeah! It's a ton of fun! I also LOVE roadside attractions. I'm a huge sucker for "The World's Largest Ball of Twine" and "Our Water tower Looks Like a Peach". I'll stop at anything if it has the hint of being fun.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Not a bad deal
would be especially nice to go down there in the spring or fall, love those smoky mountains!!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just saw this - you do have a way with thread titles, don't you! Now that I'm breathing again, I just want to say how sorry I am, Susie. I know that you'll miss her, but she will just be a phone call away. The web cam sounds like a wonderful idea, and Nashville - OMG! You can have some great visits!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh susie! you will see her soon enough

My parents are a 12 hour car drive away from me... 16 hrs with the small car, so i know how youre feeling.

Sometimes i get home and im like.. hmm somethings missing!

Maybe i need to get a boyfriend!