Mom! I'm ready to cook now!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
This is my bookcase that houses some of my favorite cookbooks. And it's one of Mollipop's favorite places to sit. She'll jump up, then she'll sit and meow at me. She's quite the kitchen cat, too. When I'm cooking in the kitchen, I can always find her sitting on a kitchen chair. I always say that she is "su-purr-vising".

This is not all of my cookbooks by any stretch. There are boxes and boxes and boxes of cookbooks under the bed and in my closet in the computer room.

A friend of mine on another board likes to say: You can never be too rich or have too many cookbooks. But if you have too many cookbooks, you will never be too rich.

Hey Mom, can we cook now??

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, you are officially the cook book Queen! I thought I had a lot of cook books, but even before I managed to weed through them and give many away, they never filled even one shelf! lol

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I always get such a shock when I see Mollipop all grown up. I see her name, and this little fluff of kitten always comes to mind. Then I see this gorgeous mackerel tabby and my mind has to do some adjusting to compute that this beautiful being is little Mollipop.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That girl grew up way, way too fast. I keep seeing her as a little kitten and, honestly, sometimes when I look at her, I'm amazed at how adult she is now. She's beautiful, she really is. I think she's gorgeous. She just grew up too fast for me. I don't know where this last year went.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a gorgeous little lady for sure!
Nice to have company in the kitchen!

And yes, nice cookbook collection, I remember you mentioning way back that you collected them. I am collecting them too, but slowly... I've got.... 20, plus a notebook with some written recipes from people (and some I made up and TRIED to get amounts of ingredients right so I can replicate the recipe (i make up stuff a lot)) and a binder with computer printouts from Allrecipes.com and other sites.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

That girl grew up way, way too fast. I keep seeing her as a little kitten and, honestly, sometimes when I look at her, I'm amazed at how adult she is now. She's beautiful, she really is. I think she's gorgeous. She just grew up too fast for me. I don't know where this last year went.
I know what you mean. Queen Eva was such a funny and fun Baby, I hated thinking about her losing her dear Baby ways. However she seems to be turning out to be one of those cats who stay babyish Queen Eva is almost 16 months old now, and she's still a baby. And little, only 6.5 pounds.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww! She's so cute!

I would love to browse your cookbook library!! Even if I never make a thing out of them; I love to look through cookbooks!!

cattoys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Haha, I thought she has a hide out on that book shelf..