Mom Being Rough with Babies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mowsluver

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to admit that I haven't started supplementing yet, but I promise I will later tonight...I have had ALL kinds of things going on today!!
She is just as active as the other kittens. I actually saw her and her sister playing tonight! They are getting around great and the two of them were just batting at each other and walking (as best they can) from one end of the box to the other, then they curled up together and went to sleep.

I will go in there in a little bit and try getting her to take the bottle again and if not, I have an eye dropper. If THAT doesn't work, then I will get a syringe first thing in the morning.

mowsluver

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The oddest thing...I just went in and weighed her and her weight seems pretty close to 'normal' now. Maybe I wasn't paying close attention or something but the last couple of days the scale didn't seem to budge, yet tonight she was at almost 11 oz...I will check again in the morning, maybe I got her tonight after a real good feed!

Another thing I noticed is that she has a hard (boney) bump about 1/2 inch from the end of her tail. There has been no wound, no bleeding etc, so she may have had this from birth and I just never noticed. Well, you can't SEE it but you can feel it. It just feels like a bone. She moves her tail fine and it doesn't appear to hurt when touched...
....I guess when I clean their bed tomorrow I will feel all over all 3 kittens.

I will update tomorrow!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy cow! My runt was 11 ounces at 6 weeks!!! But I did notice that sometimes Elsa laid on the kittens and I didn't know much then, and didn't worry about it. But I have heard a couple stories on TCS about mommas squishing babies. What about Feliway or vanilla on momma and baby?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Holy cow! My runt was 11 ounces at 6 weeks!!!
I dont know much about baby weights but from the sound of Kluchetta, if your is 11 ounces now, then weight wise, I guess shes doing fine.

When I had mine or when Easy had hers
, I didnt even know I was supposed to weigh them.....

Hows it going today ? Cant wait to see more pics !!! Are you planning on keeping any of them ?

mowsluver

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well they were all at about 4 oz when born and the 'bigger' two are at 12 oz now while the 'runt' is at 11 oz.
I am going to try to post some pics later today.
As for keeping them, I wish I could...but we already have a houseful (2 big dogs, 3 adult cats, 3 kittens and 1 big iguana!) and this is a rental home, not ours. PLUS there is an 80% chance that we will be moving in the early summer (may/june '07) and it will be tough to find someone who will rent to us with the zoo!
Well...maybe we will keep ONE!

But it will be hard to choose!