Molly doesn't like uncarpeted floors

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just discovered that Molly does not like the way hard flooring feels....hehe. We thought it was a little funny with her shaking her paws after she goes into the bathroom, but didn't realize that she's freakish about the flooring until we let her roam downstairs this morning. It's so cute!!
After she touches it - she jumps back on the carpet and shakes her paws...
We've been entertained all morning by simply placing a treat right at the bottom of the stairs.

"What the heck is this stuff. I don't think I like this"

"I think I can. I think I can."

"No, I can't. Please just bring it to me."

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine love the hardwood floors. Scooter has a cute little trick where he will run from one end of the hall, and about a third of the way to the other end, he will roll over really fast, and slide on his back to the end so he smacks the wall with his back feet. Sometimes he doesn't quite make his roll and ends up in a pile against the wall. It's hilarious! If one of the other kitties happen to step out into the hall while he is playing, he will bowl them right over. He seems to be trying to teach Fluffy to do it, but she just runs with him and veers off into the bathroom when he rolls over, like she is faking him out. He will sometimes look back for her and run into the wall. If he keeps it up I am going to need to get him a little helmet. He smacks his little head pretty hard sometimes.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adorable. One of my friends had a rescued pit bull that was afraid of carpet. They think that his old owners must've not let him in the carpeted rooms of the house-isn't that sad?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

That's funny and strange. Are you sure there's nothing wrong with her paws?
No, nothing wrong. She just had a full well being exam and got a clean bill of health and after a few attempts (12 to be exact) she got use to it and was wandering around the kitchen.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update - Molly's getting use to the whole floor thing. In fact she's liking it too much now. We're still working on introduction phase to my other 4 cats, so when I open her door to the upstairs to let her "blend" with the family - instead of being cautious - she comes flying out at about 100 mph across the floor skidding... she is soooo funny. She just runs back and forth on it and skids and turns.
It's got me cracking up!

Although my other babies are not very happy about this whole thing. Their little eyes are bugging out of their heads
and there's some minor hissing in the bunch.
So much for a slow cautious introduction. She's like a little whirlwind.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cyto_girl

Sounds like we need to see a couple action shots!
Believe me I've tried - she's just too damn fast. My digital can't keep up with her. By the time I click the picture - she's long gone..
. I've gotten some good still shots, but no action.
She's a gutsy little one too. She comes flying in a room and dives on TOP of my others while they are laying down. It's happened more than once and everytime I see it happen I just sit and cringe waiting for the fight
(towel in hand in case), but to my surprise - other than some hissing, nothing happens. She has been accepted pretty much by my whole crew. They still do NOT like her speed (even the baby at 10 months old) hates it
, but she is so damn cute!! It looks like a little pom-pom hopping around the house.