Mollipop and Tabby

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Those two are becoming quite good friends. The other morning, I was getting ready for work and I heard somebody playing with something. Tabby was batting a pen around in the hallway. Picked the pen up, put it in DH's desk, and took Tabby to the kitchen to roll balls. And went back to the bathroom.

And heard somebody playing with something. Walked into the bedroom and Tabby was playing with a yellow pencil. Picked the pencil up, put it on DH's desk, put Tabby in the living room with the Turbo thingy. And went back to the bathroom.

And heard somebody in the computer room. Walked into the computer room and both Mollipop and Tabby were on DH's desk (which is the messiest desk in the world), picking up pens and dropping them on the floor. Then they'd bat them around the floor and out into the hallway. Some of his papers were on his chair; some were on the floor. I ended up shutting the door to the computer room.

When we clean Tabby's ears (twice a day), Mollipop comes into the bathroom, too, and sits there watching us. At first we thought she was a little jealous of the attention that Tabby was getting, but now we think she's just checking to make sure Tabby is OK.

Then last night, Amber and Tabby were playing and it got a little rough. Amber starting hissing and growling at Tabby. (We watch, but we don't get involved, unless we think we have to.) Mollipop was watching everything, but she didn't interfere. But when Amber struck her paw out and smacked Tabby on the head, Molli took off after Amber and chased her back to the bedroom. Then she came back out to the living room and checked Tabby...I guess, to make sure she was OK (no harm done).

During the evening, if I'm in bed with a book or playing Angry Birds, Molli will put up with it for only so long. Then she'll come to bed, sit on my chest, and look at me until I realize that it's Molli time. She'll curl up next to me inside the crook of my shoulder and purr herself to sleep. And often Tabby will join us; if Tabby comes to bed first, Molli is never far behind. I think there is a little bit of jealousy there, but overall, it's working out OK.

The two of them are sleeping with me at night. Molli now sleeps on the outer edge of the bed, so she can see what's going on in the bedroom if she has to. I'm always facing Molli; that's the rule (according to her anyway). Tabby now sleeps on the other side of me, stretched out against my back. Sometimes, she'll hop over me and settle down next to Mollipop, but Molli doesn't like her too close. As long as Tabby keeps her distance, even if it's only about six inches or so away, Molli's OK. Any closer than that, though, and Molli will leave.

Molli is still so young yet, only a little over a year old. So they have each other to play with. But yet, she has taken on a bit of a big sister attitude toward Tabby and I love that. They fight, though, and Molli's not above giving Tabby a paw smack from time to time, when she thinks it's needed.

I was so worried about Mollipop with Tabby. But it looks like it's working out well!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so cute!
I remember when you took in Tabby, you were worried about Mollipop being jealous. I'm glad they worked it out and are friends and playmates now!!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy to read (even though they still fight a bit) that everyone is getting along so well. You're really lucky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys!

We are lucky....we realize that. I was so worried about Mollipop.

I was in the kitchen tonight working on a batch of salsa (Lizzie gave me her recipe) to cook in the crock pot over night. I'll water bath can it tomorrow morning. Anyway, both girls were in the kitchen with me. They'd play for awhile, then come over and plop down next to me. I had to be careful when I was moving around that I didn't step on paws or tails.

A bit of an altercation again tonight. Tabby just won't stop. She keeps attacking and attacking. Mollipop yelled at her and growled at her. She wouldn't give up. And finally Molli smacked her down and then ran away....with Tabby on her heels.

Now they're both back here in the computer room with me. They're my girls, that's for sure.