Mochi (almost 2 week update)

DoodleStrudle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It about 5 am march 12th technically 2 weeks since my cat, Mochi, had her spay.

(i will be showing pics below be warned)

After 10 days, she was taken for an infection. And since then shes been wearing a cone, (that we plan to try and keep on for a few more days or till shes mostly healed)

Luckily all signs of an infection are gone from what i can see. And shes managed to wear the cone for almost 3-4 days. Just now i did awake to her coming to snuggle but she was coneless, and luckily shes desensitized enough that she let me slip her other more clean cone on 🥳.

but while she was coneless she managed to lick off her scab that was already starting to fall off so im not too worried, her stitch that was sticking out a lil is sticking out some more now but i think its just one healing and falling out as i dont see anything alarming.

She does have a couple recovery suits coming later today we might switch her over to at some point till shes healed up completely. Personally i feel she could be good to switch over today to give her a break from the cone but mom feels she should stay in the cone for another 3 days (week in total)
She worries that she wont be as limited in the suit like she is in the cone and might cause her to open internal stitches which I understand

Pictures below is her infection healing process
(Infection day before the vet)
6C260940-6237-4742-B095-066379A60CFB.png

(After vet- cleaned left open and given 14 day antibiotic shot)
751DCF4E-7831-439E-AE8B-CE48506B4DC3.png

(1 day after)
905E44CA-E63C-431D-B5A5-7B4CF596D671.png

(2 day after)
CD5BFD9E-0216-40AF-8BCC-6F408B5F32D7.jpeg

(3 day after)
No pictures that day but the scab appeared to be starting to fall of

(Beginning of day 4/ cone escaped put back on and her scab that was falling off she cleaned off herself)
D5134618-9F33-41F5-9E63-685EAD516E90.jpeg

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks to be healing really well, you have done a good job of looking after her. Try one of the recovery suits on her to see how she is with wearing it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DoodleStrudle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That looks to be healing really well, you have done a good job of looking after her. Try one of the recovery suits on her to see how she is with wearing it.
Im still trying to convince my mom to let us try it on her today but she wants to wait till monday so the vet will be open in case something happens. I feel as if we do it today we can allways put the cone back on if shes too hyper before she can injure herself. And monday we might not be home for a while so id rather we do it today when we can monitor her
They did come in tho, im really liking the donut
31208DDA-7E6A-4F75-960E-0D5F293E7B8F.jpeg