Mo The Teeny Kitten

shannonnicole

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mo is about 5 weeks old now, at least we think so. This girl's outdoor cat had a litter that she couldn't keep so she was giving them away or putting them in the shelter. So my boyfriend and I went and picked up one of the kittens just to at least save one from shelter life.

This is my first time actually having to play mom to a kitten and any and all advice, tips, tricks, etc. is much appreciated!~ I am not sure how to get this little butt to eat her wet food from the little bowl we have and not my fingers because she gets so overly excited and slices my hand all to hell. I still give her the KMR in the syringe but try to get her to eat the wet food as well. I'd also love to know a way of getting her to poop on her own. She'll pee just fine (loves to do it right on my feet and bed -___-) but will not poop unless I stimulate her to do so. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Mo is about 5 weeks old now, at least we think so. This girl's outdoor cat had a litter that she couldn't keep so she was giving them away or putting them in the shelter. So my boyfriend and I went and picked up one of the kittens just to at least save one from shelter life.

This is my first time actually having to play mom to a kitten and any and all advice, tips, tricks, etc. is much appreciated!~ I am not sure how to get this little butt to eat her wet food from the little bowl we have and not my fingers because she gets so overly excited and slices my hand all to hell. I still give her the KMR in the syringe but try to get her to eat the wet food as well. I'd also love to know a way of getting her to poop on her own. She'll pee just fine (loves to do it right on my feet and bed -___-) but will not poop unless I stimulate her to do so. 
I see it goes quite well for you.   Wise with the KMR with syringe.  And yes, beginning to eat wet cat food from your fingers is a nice trick of the trade.

Have the food in a shallow plate.  In the beginning she will more or less go through that plate.   As as she already do know that is food, it should go rather quickly anyways...

The kitten does poops when you stimulate?  Good.  No probem you continue so - it makes you more alike mom...

You know it shall be non clumping litter, a very shallow pan.  You can use an aluminium foil.

Have some little pee and poo in this sand, so she recognizes the purpose - but is not disgusted it is overused...

One little tip.   It is usually easier to have tow kittens, who play wrestle chase  with each other, than one.

Do you have a possibility to get one of the siblings?    If not, consider getting a friendly adult cat, who is young enough to enjoy wild plays, and who can be her teacher and well wishing aunt or uncle.

Good luck!