MmMmMMM Salad!

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Wow, a man that loves salad!?!
I love salads- you can eat them as a side dish or as a whole meal. My favorite is a blend of greens with carrots, red cabbage, tomato, whole green olives, shredded cheddar (or parm), croutons, bacon bits, diced hard boiled egg and grilled chicken (especially cajun/blackened chicken).

I also like chicken and tuna "salad". I put salad in quotation marks because it's not really a salad. I'm pretty plain with it. I don't like onion, celery or relish. It's basically the can of meat, mayo, salt, pepper. With the chicken I sometimes add in some shredded cheese and bacon.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never used to eat salad in Texas even though I was a vegetarian for 19 years. But when we moved to California and I tasted fresh lettuce, everything changed. Now we eat a salad at least every other day!

Favorites:

Fresh Mozzarella Salad:
sliced zucchini (cooked in salted boiling water for two minutes then cooled under running water), sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced fresh mozzarella (it's very mild and sold in tubs soaking in water - not the brick of mozzarella), sliced red onion, and fresh parsley. Toss it all in a vinaigrette made of olive oil, white wine vinegar, fresh chopped oregano, and freshly ground pepper. Sooooo goood!

Salad copied from a restaurant in Banff:
mixed baby greens, toasted pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, sliced red onion, sliced tomatoes, and a good raspberry vinaigrette. Delicious served with pork chops or turkey.

Fruit Salad:
Wash and chop up whatever is ripe. (mangoes, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, cherries, grapes, kiwi, mandarin oranges, pineapple, apples, peaches, etc.) I like to add pecans and coconut sometimes.
A dressing or dipping sauce can be made from sour cream and honey mixed together. Simple and Mmmmm....

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We eat lot's of salads, except for our son.
My husband has always liked salad. He had to eat salad out of my sight when I was pregnant with Jenny because I would barf if I even smelled it. Was all day sick for 5 months. Good thing he was looking forward to our 1st baby!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Wow, a man that loves salad!?!
That is really great Leighann
..my ex wouldn't touch salad if his life depended on it (or unless it was caesar salad dripping with high fat dressing
)
Oof, the man gets cranky when we run out!
But I am glad he likes to eat good.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love a good salad too.... I love the salad at the Olive Garden

On my salads I love lettuce, cauleflower, broccholi, thinly sliced cucumbers and radishes, cheese, hard boiled eggs, red kidney beans, olives, croutons, and bacon bits topped with a creamy ranch dressing... yummy and a meal in itself.... I also like Paul Newman's garlic and parmasian, or Itailian dressing...