mixed breeds and purebreds........ do you ever feel guilty?

dodo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Heey, that was the one I was talking about when I said "Rex with curly hair" ! But I have never seen their names as La Perms anywhere before. Aren't they adorable
What are the differences between Devon, Selkirk & La Perm Rex then ?? They all have curly hairs, don't they ? Devons have shorter hair I guess ??

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Right here we go, Im not an expert so don't flame me if I get things wrong!! :laughing2

Rexes all have curly fur - some more so than others, but the Devon Rex and Cornish Rex both have short hair, I think the softness is something to do with the Guard hairs, or a type of hair they don't have? (Im not sure though!!)

I THINK the Selkirk Rex is very similar to the La Perm, - they have sligtly longer fur.

The difference between the Cornish and Devon Rex is that the Devon has a much smaller elf like face, the Cornish has a typical "Roman" nose kinda face and is generally a bit bigger than the Devon, Im not sure of the characteristics of the Devon but I know that the Cornish are real characters!! They are very amusing......!!

Well thats about the extent of my knowledge (feeble I know) I hope it helps somewhat!! Rene where are you!!??? Im sure Im getting this all wrong!!???!!

:laughing:

billie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All my cats so far have been rescued moggies. I sure wish to have a pure bred baby but to tell you the truth I'm so in love with every and any kind of cat that I don't really think about them as being purebred or moggies. My dream is to have a big house with a big garden so that I can have at least 16 cats and 5 dogs
!!!
And, I also want to be able to give Rene a hand with the cats and BodLover I can always help you too once you've set up the boarding cattery

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds good to me Billie!! The boarding cattery thing is going slowly at the moment, but as soon as we're ready to move house I hope the ball will start rolling!! I would love your help!!

Dodo, this pic is of some Cornish Rex lads, compare their faces to the Devon below.

Cornish Rex

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a Devon, - it has a much smaller face!! Pixie like! But aren't they all just gorgeous!!

Devon Rex

rene

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm Here - but Bodlover you did such an awesome job describing the rexes I wasn't needed. I have a Selkirk Rex and the fur is curly and longer than the Devon and Cornish, but not as long as the LaPerm or Mo-Rex (yes, there is another rex out there). LaPerms are more like Poodle cats - very long and curly - if I have to guess they look like a cross between a Selkirk and Ragdoll (no, I am not saying they are - they just look that way). They have great personalities - the picture of the one I have up for adoption can be seen on my website - www.listnow.com/helpingpaws

His name is Marley and Michele is his foster mom as he was very shy and needs some special attention - he spent basically his whole life in a cage.

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats I keep are domestic short-hair people. It's just worked out that way, as I've not had sufficient cash-flow to afford a pure-bred cat. My buddies the DSHs have been wonderful companions over the years! I'm sure all cats, if shown love via affection and proper care, are wonderful friends. They all have souls and none are more valuable than others. All cats, be they feral or pure-bred, are precious to me. (This isn't a cop-out post. It's exactly how I feel.)

=^..^=

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I totally agree Mr Cat!! All cats are wonderful - and none are more special than others!! I love all my cats just as much as each other!! (don't tell the others but Bod my black moggie, is mummy's baby....but I love them all a whole lot!!
)

Rene!! Thankyou for saving me! I never knew there was a Mo-Rex out there too!! - any pics? I'd love to see one! I looked at Marley and hes absolutely beautiful!!!
!!
I want him, I want him, I want him!!
oooo Rene its not fair, I would 100% have him if I could get him to England!! ...snif..

Do you know of any other areas nearer me that might have any La perms?