Missy can't pee ????

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soooo glad Missy is doing better
Hope she continues to improve (and Cozmo behaves himself!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Missy is doing better, but now she pees everywhere but the litter boxes??? I have noticed that allot of times she will eat her wet food and then as soon as she is done eating she will go to her cat bed and pee all over it. I called the vet about Missy and she told me to take her bed and blankets off the old chair and put one of the litter boxes there, well now she pees in the corner of the bed room on the floor. I feel bad she is having problems, but her peeing all over is getting old fast. I washed her cat bed about 4 times since Tuesday.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on with her? I don't think she is loosing it mentally otherwise.

Thank's

Tom

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, Sorry for not keeping up to date with Missy. She is doing fine now and using the litter boxes again. She was playing with some cat toys the other day which she hardly ever does normally.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad Missy is better. I've had 3 kitties that made it to 21 y/o (strangely, all 3 were female); sounds as if Missy if really doing well for her age. Give her a good ear skritching from me, please.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi,

Missy is doing good, but she is now so afraid of Cozmo she won't go out of our bedroom. I had to put a small litter box in the room or she would pee on the carpet. I wonder if I should take the small bowl of cat food out of the room so she has to go into the back room to eat, but I don't want her to starve herself because she is so stubborn.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad Missy is feeling better. Honestly, if it was me, I'd let her have a litter box, food and water in the bedroom. At 21 she's a bit of an "old gal" and should be able to have some peace in her life.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Glad Missy is feeling better. Honestly, if it was me, I'd let her have a litter box, food and water in the bedroom. At 21 she's a bit of an "old gal" and should be able to have some peace in her life.
You are right, if she is comfortable staying in the bedroom all the time I should just let her be.

Missy and Cozmo used to chase each other all over the house till she got sick, since then when Cozmo gets close to her Missy gets all upset and hisses and spits at Cozmo even if he just walks by her. I figured that Cozmo and Missy running all over the place was good for Missy to help keep her in shape. She still can get around and jump on high things just fine yet. I don't know if laying around all the time would be bad for her joints and stuff. I still don't really understand why Cozmo was acting like he was, normally if one of the other cats were sick Cozmo seemed to want to help them the best he could, not be nasty to them.

Tom