Missing Tiger Thoughts

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Losing a dearly beloved pet is like losing a part of your limb. The grief does not really go away. Even after decades after the loss there are always times that you will get to remember that fur baby with pain in your heart, although the smiles would be more. No one really gets over the loss. It just gets mellow in time. I lost my first pet - a dog - decades ago and until now when I think of him I still cry uncontrollably.

Every night when I talk to my Bourbon before I sleep I tell her that I love her. I say that also to my other cats, but obviously in all my threads I am honest to say that among my cats Bourbon is the one closest to my heart. I am not sure what would happen to me if she leaves. But I guarantee that I will be devastated. So it really makes me sad when I read threads of loss from our fellow TCS family members. I know it is hard. So my heart wants to reach out to you grieving pet parents.

It will always be hard, but at least, we have to keep going for ourselves, for our families, and for the remaining or current pets that we have that also need our love, caring and attention.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can never, ever prepare your heart to be broken. When it finally happens , even though you knew it was coming, the world ends and pain enters and fills it's place. There are certain characteristics of grief that seem to follow a pattern. There is ALWAYS regret and all those should haves, could haves. It is almost impossible for us to realize that we are not perfect and those feelings will be there no matter what. An overwhelming sense of loss, depression, guilt, and feelings of nothing ever going to be the same again, make up our new world. Each one has to be dealt with and worked through. The feelings of hopelessness I think are the worst. The hardest thing is to look forward to any kind of future, when it is more then you can bear to get through the next day, the next hour, the next minute.......