Missing Pragnant Cat

AsifMarazi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 2 years old pragnant cat is missing from last 48 hours...she is an indoor outdoor cat... Always stays in during the nights... she delivered her first litter on 20 April 2018...but got pragnant again around a month and half after giving birth.... she lived with her kittens in a small room before she left...In the morning of that day i felt change in her behaviour... She hissed at her kittens....and i felt she was looking for something...

Pertinently she has swollen belly...

I looked for her where i feel she could go... I am worried about her.... I love her so much...
When she jumped over fence into neighbouring yard i saw a male cat highly vocal not so far... Please suggest or advice... How can find my cat...

Dr. Phil Bushby

TCS Member
Guest Expert
Purraise
My 2 years old pragnant cat is missing from last 48 hours...she is an indoor outdoor cat... Always stays in during the nights... she delivered her first litter on 20 April 2018...but got pragnant again around a month and half after giving birth.... she lived with her kittens in a small room before she left...In the morning of that day i felt change in her behaviour... She hissed at her kittens....and i felt she was looking for something...

Pertinently she has swollen belly...

I looked for her where i feel she could go... I am worried about her.... I love her so much...
When she jumped over fence into neighbouring yard i saw a male cat highly vocal not so far... Please suggest or advice... How can find my cat...

Dr. Phil Bushby

TCS Member
Guest Expert
Purraise
If your cat got pregnant early June (1 ½ month after the April 20th litter) she is most likely hiding somewhere to have her kittens. The average length of pregnancy of cats is between 65 and 67 days, which makes this almost exactly her due date.

If she is having her kittens now, it might be difficult for you to find her - she will be hiding. I would certainly look around the neighbors house and yard since you stated that you saw her jump the fence.

No easy answer on how to find your cat, but I have to suggest that once you find her, and these new kittens stop nursing that you get her spayed. Otherwise you will be living through this again in about 3 months.