Missing our Jazzi...

WhiteAilly

Cat Island
Kitten
Purraise
Our beloved kitty Jazzi looked unwell in the morning of 7/9. He was 19 years old but never crossed our mind that his time was coming. It happened too quickly. When we first took him to a vet on 7/9, he was still walking, drinking water and could find his litter box. In the next 5 days, he saw the vet 3 times and when we were told to consider putting him to sleep, we wanted to believe the vet was no good … so frantically took him to another vet for the 2nd opinion in the morning of the 15th, but the outcome was the same. He was getting worse everyday and we had to make the decision to free him from his discomfort. He went peacefully that afternoon on our lap and came home a week later in the personalized wooden box. He has a sister named Angel, also 19, and when his ashes were returned, she was sleeping by him for a long time as if she could feel his spirit.
Jazzi enjoyed taking shower, had fun being vacuumed, and loved his sister – grooming her often. Jazzi gave us so much joy, happiness and abundant of wonderful memories, he will live in our hearts forever and we promise him that we will take a great care of his sister for the rest of her life.

I have read many posts in Crossing the Bridge and cried so much missing our Jazzi and thinking of the pain you all are feeling for losing your kitty. I can’t help thinking that there is a heaven for all kitties and perhaps, they are sharing about the wonderful times they had with us and how stupid we could be around them for a good laugh. I am sure that they are not lonely when they leave us and we will meet again someday.

Attachments

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Our beloved kitty Jazzi looked unwell in the morning of 7/9. He was 19 years old but never crossed our mind that his time was coming. It happened too quickly. When we first took him to a vet on 7/9, he was still walking, drinking water and could find his litter box. In the next 5 days, he saw the vet 3 times and when we were told to consider putting him to sleep, we wanted to believe the vet was no good … so frantically took him to another vet for the 2nd opinion in the morning of the 15th, but the outcome was the same. He was getting worse everyday and we had to make the decision to free him from his discomfort. He went peacefully that afternoon on our lap and came home a week later in the personalized wooden box. He has a sister named Angel, also 19, and when his ashes were returned, she was sleeping by him for a long time as if she could feel his spirit.
Jazzi enjoyed taking shower, had fun being vacuumed, and loved his sister – grooming her often. Jazzi gave us so much joy, happiness and abundant of wonderful memories, he will live in our hearts forever and we promise him that we will take a great care of his sister for the rest of her life.

I have read many posts in Crossing the Bridge and cried so much missing our Jazzi and thinking of the pain you all are feeling for losing your kitty. I can’t help thinking that there is a heaven for all kitties and perhaps, they are sharing about the wonderful times they had with us and how stupid we could be around them for a good laugh. I am sure that they are not lonely when they leave us and we will meet again someday.
I just lost my baby of 12yrs almost liking a week
Had since he was a kitten
He lost alot of weight and did xray and his lungs were deteriorating:( 😔So I know exactly how you feel...Our kitties are playing at the rainbow Bridge...h...he was put to sleep on July 8th..2020 ..aweek before his 12th birthday :( :(😔

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are in our lives for a little while, they will occupy a place in our souls forever. Though the pain of loss is great, what they contributed to our lives is much greater. I pray your precious memories over all those years will bring you comfort in the days and weeks to come when the pain is the greatest. I hope you find peace in your heart knowing you gave that sweet little boy what he wanted most in life, a caring home and someone to love him. And somehow, when he needed you to, you found the strength in your love to let him go, to end the suffering that had no end, to let his soul fly free and his light shine forth down on you forever. Though his new path takes him away from your own, it will parallel your own for eternity. Tied there by your love that was strengthened over so many years.
He is at peace because of that love, because you made a promise to comfort his sister until they can be reunited in spirit. To be remembered and mourned for is a great honor, a tribute to that precious boy who shared your life for so long. Try not to dwell on these sad times, but rather rejoice over the good. He was meant to be in your life, and now he lives on through you. He will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers, so send him the joys you find in life, and he will rejoice with you.
My heart breaks for your pain. I know how much this hurts, words cannot bring relief. But they can comfort and soothe until the healing process begins. Please accept my condolences, I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Give that sweet sister a kiss from me, she will need comforting too. Take care......RIP dear Jazzi. You will be dearly missed, you will forever have secure places in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of that grand old man, another Tuxedo gone which makes me sadder than usual. He had a great life, 19 years is terrific, but it is never enough when they are gone, but he had a great life with you and yes you will meet again and it will be wonderful. You did a great thing with him if he lived that long.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Jazzie, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I KNOW, to the depths of my being, that there is heaven for kitties, and it is the same one as ours. Because Love is Love.

I wrote this many years ago for a friend whose cat had crossed the Bridge. I hope it says all I feel.

Pawprints in the Summerland

There are pawprints in the Summerlands,
For I have seen them there.
They flirt in the shadows along
Tumbling, laughing streams.
They pace majestically over
The Bones of the Mother
Thrust through the Earth
On mountain tops...
They flow gently through
Meadows filled with flowers
Or gambol beneath willows,
Dancing among the red capped mushrooms
of Faery Rings lit by the full moon...
So often the footprints of children
Run beside them, these pawprints,
And the somehow slow footprints of the elders...
They keep company with our furred ones,
Our feathered ones,
And yes, even our scaled ones
Who shared our homes and share our hearts even yet.
Sometimes those prints turn back,
Back towards the Bridge
For they are mindful of us,
And await our coming
For us to add our prints
in joyous reunion.
There are pawprints in the Summerlands,
For I have SEEN them there.