Missing my furbaby while on holiday!

katycat1190

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, so i'm away from my Katy cat right now for the first time since she came into my life (December 2018)! Finally got some time to go on holiday to a tropical island, but now that I am here, all I can think of is my cat.

It's the first time I'm leaving her, I usually work from home so we spend a lot of time together and are extremely bonded - she is my furry baby!

Right now, she is at my mum's house. I spent some time there before leaving to get her properly settled. Usually she loves it there and is very playful/social with my mum. But since I've left, she has been barely eating, and is just lying around depressed/hiding in her box a lot. I feel so bad for her - from what my mum told me, even bringing out brand new toys and some of her favourites have not cheered her up.

I just feel so guilty for leaving her to go on holiday! I am even tempted to change my tickets and go home, like, tomorrow. (Although I'm trying not to). I feel like I'm in this beautiful place but i can't even enjoy it, feeling like this.

Any words of advice? How do you deal with missing your catbabies while on holiday?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've not gone away since I adopted Ruby, so I can't help with you missing your cat baby. But as for her not eating so much, maybe something in these articles will be helpful:

How To Get Your Cat To Start Eating Again
Why Has My Cat Stopped Eating And Is It Dangerous? (just in case she totally stops eating)

Maybe also, you could try calling your mom and letting Katy hear your voice. Might help.

Fingers crossed she starts eating well again, and that you can relax and enjoy your vacation. :crossfingers:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Awws, poor baby. She does probably miss you and is sad she can't see you. Yes as what was suggested above, did you try video calling her? Ask your mom also to look for your worn clothes and place it near Katy. It may help when she smells your scent. If she still refuses to eat, then a vet check may be necessary.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katycat1190

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've not gone away since I adopted Ruby, so I can't help with you missing your cat baby. But as for her not eating so much, maybe something in these articles will be helpful:

How To Get Your Cat To Start Eating Again
Why Has My Cat Stopped Eating And Is It Dangerous? (just in case she totally stops eating)

Maybe also, you could try calling your mom and letting Katy hear your voice. Might help.

Fingers crossed she starts eating well again, and that you can relax and enjoy your vacation. :crossfingers:
Thank you! Looks like this will be my last holiday for a long time, I'm missing her too much! She has started eating again, and eating normal amounts, so that's good! I think she is adjusting. I did try calling - but katy ignored my voice on the phone... maybe my voice sounds different over the phone? not sure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katycat1190

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awws, poor baby. She does probably miss you and is sad she can't see you. Yes as what was suggested above, did you try video calling her? Ask your mom also to look for your worn clothes and place it near Katy. It may help when she smells your scent. If she still refuses to eat, then a vet check may be necessary.
Yup, i video called too, she refused to even look at the video haha! She is eating again and is acting much perkier today, so she is adjusting. I'll try the worn clothes - thank you! :)

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try to not worry and we all miss are fur babies when we go on vacation. She will miss you too but remember you've left her in good hands you just might come home to a very spoiled kitty ;) Enjoy your holiday and have fun she will be fine.