Missing: Bella

mary louise

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am crushed over the sudden disappearance of our one year old kitten, Bella.  On Labor Day, we discovered that our living room window had been accidentally cracked ajar, and we discovered Bella was missing.  We looked all over the apartment building, but she was gone.  We have posted on-line, called the vet and SPCA, and there is still no sign of her.  In only six short months, we had her spayed and she was blossoming into a perfect playmate for Squeaky, our other cat.  Now she is gone, most likely forever, and the thought of her fate breaks my heart.  Please, please be careful with your cats, especially indoor ones.  

catconcern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Omg that is heartbreaking and agonising. I feel for you. The what ifs are very haunting I hope god can give you strength and peace. Sorry for your pain.

How long has it been since she disappeared?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please keep in touch with your local Humane Society, a found cat is often brought there. I would go and visit in person, sometimes the people working there are just back from a day off, etc., and have no real idea if your cat is there or not. Contact your local radio station, most have a lost and found pet section. Most of all DO NOT GIVE UP! It's only been a few days, and she could definitely be hiding around the area. Go out late at night or very early in the morning when it is more quiet and look/ call softly fro her. Hang posters of her EVERYWHERE within a 10 block area, someone might have spotted her. My heart goes out to you, I know the not knowing is worse then anything. I'll pray for you and your precious baby to be reunited. Take care and please keep us posted.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do hope Bella comes home. I moved your thread from Crossing the Bridge to this forum because there are other threads with good suggestions how to look for your missing cat. Please check your PM's for a message from me there. Good luck with finding her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mary louise

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bella is home!

Last night, I heard plaintive meowing at our front door.  Where was it coming from?  I opened the door and in stepped little Bella, none the worse for wear but really hungry; the first thing she did was EAT!   We were just so delighted, and relieved, to see her again.   That window in which she escaped has been fixed and she is back home for good!  Still, be very careful when it comes to your indoor cat!   

catconcern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
nice! hahahaha! that is so awesome! I thought she may have turned up. I'm so glad for you, you are very lucky cherish every moment with her:)