Miss and will never forget Sticker

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wanted to post this here to remember my happy times with my oldest cat who lived to be just a tad under 11 years old, since I adopted her im not sure of her birthday but it was close to 4/16/2012.

Stickers Story:

We adopted her as a small kitten, we almost picked another one but so glad that we didnt. First day I just remember her under the computer table and crying for mom. After a day or two she seemed to get over missing her mom and me and my ex were her knew parents. I remember playing with sticker a lot when she was younger, I would make Little forts on my bed out of pillows and a blanket and she would sleep in there sometimes... Even as she got older think this habit stuck because she seemed to love sleeping under the blanket.. even I would put one on the sofa outside she would find a way to get underneath it. Even as she aged I remember playing with her, I would skeakily poke just my eye out around the corner and spy on her, and she would get excited and try to hide as well... Although this is something she hasnt really done for the last year or so as she has gotten older.

Sticker has always been a solo cat, her entire life she was never once friendly with any other cats. After a few years we had strays outside and long story short but over the years we had took a few in and found homes for them, she never seemed to like the fact we were taking in other cats. At my highest I had 11 cats at one point and during that time Sticker spent quite a long time in our bedroom without venturing out (I posted about this before). Luckily she wasnt alone because I work from home and spend 90% of my time in the bedroom with her... Being with a cat that often brings happiness but just hurts that much more when you lose them. In the long run though I got the total cats down to 3 including her and she became queen of the castle again and was able to freely roam the house... I am glad I was able to do this for the last 3 years of her life... she did seem happier to roam as she pleased.

I will remember when she was younger how she used to live climbing on my curtains and sleep on top of the curtain rod lol... And remember the times where she would love to sleep under the covers in between my legs and suddenly felt a bite on my inner thigh like a snake bit me lol. She also used to love sitting on top of my computer desk when I would be playing games or working.

Sticker always seemed to be a "scaredy cat" and when new people visit the house she would scurry for shelter... but at the end years when we had covid I had a lot of friends over often and think that kind of helped with her fears. Everyone who visited always seemed to love sticker and even had some people taking pictures because she was cute. I remember the time she would want to lay out on my chest and stomach even though she was 6.5kg, although I feel bad now because at times I would not let her as she always shed a lot of hair. It was also cute how she would ask for food she was never really vocal about it but would come and rub my leg, that was her way of telling me shes hungry. She is easily lovable because she is such easy going and laid back, on the other hand my other 2 cats are quite vocal and can be quite annoying at times as they just love walking in front of my feet almost daily lol. Sticker on the other hand doesnt crave attention but I always gave it to in one form or another everyday. Despite that I am still grateful to have two more cats that show their love to me, I will always cherish the time that I had with sticker.

Related topics to her:
Uneasy about leaving cat at vet for a week Advice needed
"Sticker" My 7 year old Cat
My "Sticker" close to the end?... failing Kidneys

During the last few months it is kind of weird though, because I was not at the house as often the last 3 months and being away more I felt was missing home and my cats as I was away about 12 hours every day... For this reason, when I would be home I started to show more love for sticker, holding her and nudging my nose to her... Maybe in the back of my mind, I knew she didnt have much time left but to my surprise she had an illness that was unknown to me at the time. Now I can just have her memories of the times I felt happiness having just her all these years, sleeping on my bed... even to this day sometimes when im at the computer I look over on the bed and expect to see sticker laying down. It will feel quite weird in this house not having her, after all it was only 5 months or so after moving here that we adopted her.. I have had a lot of people in my life (exs) come and go but sticker was the one who was always there with me. She will always have a place in my heart and right now there is a feeling of emptiness and numbness with her being gone. It just came as a shock when all of this happened so suddenly. In the end I guess its good that she was no longer suffering.. she fought strong at the end and it lasted about 5 days. See you in heaven my love.

In the end she succumbed to kidney failure that came on pretty rapidly, I do kind of blame myself for not taking better care of her with more routine checkups.

Here are some pictures that I have accumulated during my time with her

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your pain....of course, you are hurting and feel empty, there is a huge hole in your heart. it takes a long time to adjust your life and begin to fill that hole. your remaining little ones will help you through it, their 'queen' is gone and I'm sure they miss her too. Stay distracted with their care until the numbness wears off and you can process your grief.
You are in no way to blame for what happened to Sticker. They can hide illness and pain for a long time, they are experts at it. You did what you could with what you had, but sometimes that still is not enough. Guilt always accompanies grief, no matter what is done and how peaceful the death. You gave her a wonderful life and the love she needed, she is at peace because of that. The bond of love you share is spiritual. sp eternal. She will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers and lives on through you now, with your memories. She sounds like an independent, lovable little girl.....
This pain will be with you for a long time. But time has a way of dulling the sharp edges. there is no time limit, or way to get over grief, you learn to work through it. You will be stronger for fighting through it.....RIP dear Sticker. You will always be remembered, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your pain....of course, you are hurting and feel empty, there is a huge hole in your heart. it takes a long time to adjust your life and begin to fill that hole. your remaining little ones will help you through it, their 'queen' is gone and I'm sure they miss her too. Stay distracted with their care until the numbness wears off and you can process your grief.
You are in no way to blame for what happened to Sticker. They can hide illness and pain for a long time, they are experts at it. You did what you could with what you had, but sometimes that still is not enough. Guilt always accompanies grief, no matter what is done and how peaceful the death. You gave her a wonderful life and the love she needed, she is at peace because of that. The bond of love you share is spiritual. sp eternal. She will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers and lives on through you now, with your memories. She sounds like an independent, lovable little girl.....
This pain will be with you for a long time. But time has a way of dulling the sharp edges. there is no time limit, or way to get over grief, you learn to work through it. You will be stronger for fighting through it.....RIP dear Sticker. You will always be remembered, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
Thank you for your kind words, im sure it will be better with time... I coped with a sudden cat loss years ago and got over it after a few weeks. In a way I feel a sense of relief because she was suffering and there was a feeling of uncertainty when she was struggling to hang on... still sometimes feeling of disbelief come over me but sure that will pass in time. I plan to get a photo frame collage made up next week and keep it in the living room.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Please don't blame yourself. He was obviously well loved and cared for. So many kitties succumb to kidney problems. It isn't always easy to tell when they are having problems.

I'm very sorry for your loss. :hugs:

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please don't blame yourself. He was obviously well loved and cared for. So many kitties succumb to kidney problems. It isn't always easy to tell when they are having problems.

I'm very sorry for your loss. :hugs:
Thank you, yes I seem to have come to know about the extent of this issue recently. We live and learn and just makes me a better owner.
Take care of your self. Another beauty she was. Sticker is such a cute name.
Thank you, its funny how she got that name she used to jump on my shirt and cling onto it with her nails when a kitten so thought to give her the name sticker.. used to do the same with my drapes until she got too big to do it anymore.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
That really is a touching name…perhaps she is stuck to your soul, and in your dreams, still there, but in some deeper way, and will always be so. There will always only be one sticker….embrace the joy of the memories. 🐾

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We just cremated her today, the ceremony was lovely, we put flowers on her and followed the Buddhist practices to wish her farewell. We were also given a framed photo of our chosen I ended up picking this one as its a close up of her face. Later on will still get a collage portrait done. Tomorrow will go back to pick up her ashes and keep here in the house in a place she liked to frequent.

Attachments

Last edited:

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I may post here in this thread sometimes as it helps me with the grieving process to write out what im thinking about, i did the same thing when "song-see" died a few years ago after a spay. I appreciate this site as its helped me in the past and gave me knowledge to better take care of my cats.

Today it comes and goes with the sad feelings, suddenly might see something and have the overwhelming feeling of wanting to cry, I also went back and went through all my files on the pc to organize all her photos on the cloud so I dont lose them and have all in one place. Hopefully this dread doesnt last too long, but I am a person prone to depression as I had it growing up and its been much better as I got older but certain things push me over that threshold like pets that are dear to my heart... and some friends dont understand why the fuss over a cat.

I try to reassure myself that she lived to a decent age, but 11 its not that great but not terrible as well. But I have to consider she was a bit overweight, and I never could fix her diet problem because she is the pickiest eater i ever seen in a cat.. and not only that sometimes my work in the last few years keeps me being away from the house so I would have to give enough food for all 3 cats so basically free-fed.

Strange this is, that suddenly after sticker passed my cat "Kitty" who is the mother of my 2nd cat now "green" came in my bedroom which she never does because I always keep it cold, she went and laid down where sticker used to sleep on my computer chair years ago... She has also helped me quite a bit, i think she can sense that I am sad and has showed me a lot of love rubbing her head to mine.. its really cute as she never really used to do that, just rub my leg with her head in the past she even licked my face lol.

Well it was a long day I will check in again sometime.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sticker, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful girl she was, is, and always will be! And now she has her home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, where she knows the depth of your love for you, and she sends her own love, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever. Love abides.

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just went to pick up her ashes they gave me a nice urn as well, Although I was looking at some on lazada and they have some where they can laser engrave a picture onto it so might get one of those later on. I balled like a baby once got her ashes home and just told her you are back home.

Attachments

lesleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry little Snicker passed away. She was a pretty kitty, and your friend for a long time. It's really, really hard to be here sometimes after our beloved kitty is not. Let yourself mourn, because she was your friend, not "just a cat" - and you're both worth every tear

I'm still choosing an urn for my darling snugglebunch Silver, who died January 13th. I still cry a lot, because he was the light of my life. I found engravable ones, but not with a picture. That's a lovely idea.

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry little Snicker passed away. She was a pretty kitty, and your friend for a long time. It's really, really hard to be here sometimes after our beloved kitty is not. Let yourself mourn, because she was your friend, not "just a cat" - and you're both worth every tear

I'm still choosing an urn for my darling snugglebunch Silver, who died January 13th. I still cry a lot, because he was the light of my life. I found engravable ones, but not with a picture. That's a lovely idea.
Thanks for the kind words.. Sorry for your loss as well... You are right sometimes does feel hard to be here without them, and still some days have moments of disbelief that shes really gone. I put one of my fav pics of her on my phone background so always feels like she is with me.

I would check amazon if you were looking for a urn with a picture, we dont have that here just lazada. Still havent ordered mine yet, actually focusing on my 2 other cats changing diet and ordered some toys, probably next week get the other urn.

Last edited:

gohabsgo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I may post here in this thread sometimes as it helps me with the grieving process to write out what im thinking about, i did the same thing when "song-see" died a few years ago after a spay. I appreciate this site as its helped me in the past and gave me knowledge to better take care of my cats.

Today it comes and goes with the sad feelings, suddenly might see something and have the overwhelming feeling of wanting to cry, I also went back and went through all my files on the pc to organize all her photos on the cloud so I dont lose them and have all in one place. Hopefully this dread doesnt last too long, but I am a person prone to depression as I had it growing up and its been much better as I got older but certain things push me over that threshold like pets that are dear to my heart... and some friends dont understand why the fuss over a cat.

I try to reassure myself that she lived to a decent age, but 11 its not that great but not terrible as well. But I have to consider she was a bit overweight, and I never could fix her diet problem because she is the pickiest eater i ever seen in a cat.. and not only that sometimes my work in the last few years keeps me being away from the house so I would have to give enough food for all 3 cats so basically free-fed.

Strange this is, that suddenly after sticker passed my cat "Kitty" who is the mother of my 2nd cat now "green" came in my bedroom which she never does because I always keep it cold, she went and laid down where sticker used to sleep on my computer chair years ago... She has also helped me quite a bit, i think she can sense that I am sad and has showed me a lot of love rubbing her head to mine.. its really cute as she never really used to do that, just rub my leg with her head in the past she even licked my face lol.

Well it was a long day I will check in again sometime.

So sorry for

gohabsgo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about your dear cat i lost my cat on Monday after 19 1/2 years and the pain im in since has been unbelievable.Your right this site does help the grieving process and your also right about people not understanding.Going home is torture but i have to i live there and i also have another cat to take care ove.this felling of loss and grief i cant explain.i hope you will be ok.lots of love and prayers for your beautiful cat.

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear about your dear cat i lost my cat on Monday after 19 1/2 years and the pain im in since has been unbelievable.Your right this site does help the grieving process and your also right about people not understanding.Going home is torture but i have to i live there and i also have another cat to take care ove.this felling of loss and grief i cant explain.i hope you will be ok.lots of love and prayers for your beautiful cat.
Very sorry to hear about your loss as well, I couldnt imagine 19 years... But we can be grateful for the time we had with them. I can say time will heal things and just this morning before going to the gym was looking at my cats picture and just thinking still how I miss her, even now at times feel there is a denial and cant believe she is gone. I have a few ex girlfriends who loved sticker and they were kind enough to send me pictures/videos of her so I have a ton of memories in addition to my own... its good if you can find people who can relate to your loss in real life.

But can say after 3 more weeks day to day is getting easier, keeping busy and spending time with your other cat helps a lot. Thanks for the kind words.

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Had a weird dream last night, you know when you have those tireless dreams? Where something happens in a dream and you want to wake up? I was dreaming that I was sleeping and hearing loud noises downstairs but had the feeling sticker was sleeping next to me so it was kind of a warm and comforting feeling. I actually woke up IRL and for a second was looking if sticker was still sleeping next to me, until realized it was just a dream.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It most likely WAS Sticker, or rather the 'essence' of Sticker, beside you. Love is spiritual, so eternal. The physical body will die but the soul, what makes them who they are, lives on forever. Every living thing that breathes has a soul. Yours will be tied to her own forever.........