Misreading thread titles

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! Even this thread

I thought it said MisLEADING thread titles

It's not just that though, I misread everything, the best is a diving shop in Seattle, for many years, without even realizing it, I'd read their sign as saying 'Underwear Sports'.
Close, they're Underwater Sports

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good I don't feel so bad anymore. I thought I was just losing my mind!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

I do that sometimes. In fact quite often.
Sometimes I have to do a double take on the title because what I see is definitely not what the title says!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I do this a lot too, usually with replacing a letter to make a new word. The thread title I remember misreading more than once is "lamb tipping" and it was really "lamp tipping".
Guilty too! I think we should just agree that it was a misleading thread title!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

THere's another cat - Mirinae's? - that likes to take off with her underwear on his head!

One of mine dealt with a missing dog named Willie. I read it as "My Dog's Willie is Missing" instead of "My Dog Willie is Missing".
Now how on earth would a dog loose it's Willie?

I'm guilty as charged as well...even this thread title...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I misread Pantry Raids too

Though in my defense (and everyone else who misread it) panty raid makes more sense with some of the other topics.

It did make me remember a cat that once stole a bra, ran through the house with it then outside. I had to chase the cat down, and to make matters worse that just happened to be when some neighbors were out for a walk.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Does anyone else do this? I have been doing this a lot lately. there is a thread that says net CAT owner and i keep readin new CAR owner.

Admit it! You do it too!
o man i do it all the time, i guess because i get dizzy sometimes at the most random moments (i am on depo shot and the doctor is claiming thats what its from and I also have untreated hyperthyriodism but they lost my paper work so they said i was fine but the guy doing the test even said i had a level of 5.8 and at the most it should be 3.0 ) Or I just look at it and completely get confused because i misread the thread title
I did that the one night on here and I kept looking at the thread title and I swore it said something else I cant remember what it is but I remember i thought it said the one thing for the longest time and then one day i checked and it was something completely different

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw "lamB tipping - how to stop it" too. I thought, well...that's an interesting issue, but I wasn't losing any sleep over it. LOL

I'm guilty of seeing "misLeading thread titles" too.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorina

Right here, right now, I saw "Misreading thread titles" as "Misleading thread titles," thinking it was about topics that had nothing to do with the subject. I'm really pathetic.
that is exactly what I did..............then after reading a few posts I thought............what..............

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great now about 20 posts about the "Pantry Raids" thread, the last person that mentioned I read as "Panty Raids" even though they said "pantRy"

Thanks a lot

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorina

Right here, right now, I saw "Misreading thread titles" as "Misleading thread titles," thinking it was about topics that had nothing to do with the subject. I'm really pathetic.
Don't feel bad. I did the exact same thing.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Felicia's Mom

Read this to gain 50 points instantly! I read as Read this to gain 50 pounds instantly.
Maybe THAT thread is why so many of us were primed to read "misleading" thread names!