minor rant

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is there anyone here who didn't immediately try to find out what cat foods were affected when they heard of the recall? The second I heard about it, I was looking for the list of affected food.. and once I read that list, I still searched around some more, made sure there wasn't another list elsewhere, or more info I needed to know.

I was just talking to a casual friend who has a kitty. Now, I know she takes care of it - it has a medical condition and she gives it it's meds everyday.. but still, I asked her if she knew about the recall and she said yes... so then we got onto other topics. Then the subject of the recall came back up, and she said "Is Science Diet on the list?" and I'm thinking - I thought you said you knew about the recall
and if you dont know which foods are ok, why are you just bringing it up now with me, like as a casual aside - "oh, btw, is Science Diet one of them?" I mean.. what the...? Why didn't she get on the net the minute she heard about the recall, and make sure her cat wasn't eating the tainted food?

That just really lazy imo. How hard is it to type "pet food recall" into google and get the list?

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll admit that I didn't, but that would be because I had heard at first that the list only included foods sold at Wal-mart and I didn't realize how wide-spread the recall was. When I found that out, of course I looked it up, and I've been spreading the word as well. Honestly speaking, I think a lot of us who feed our cats what we would consider "quality foods" (I realize Science Diet isn't really that great, but a lot of people think its one of the better foods) would never think that we would feed our animals a food that would need to be recalled, know what I mean? So I'm not excusing her exactly, but just saying that maybe its not as bad as you feel it is, if that makes any sense.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

I'll admit that I didn't, but that would be because I had heard at first that the list only included foods sold at Wal-mart and I didn't realize how wide-spread the recall was. When I found that out, of course I looked it up, and I've been spreading the word as well. Honestly speaking, I think a lot of us who feed our cats what we would consider "quality foods" (I realize Science Diet isn't really that great, but a lot of people think its one of the better foods) would never think that we would feed our animals a food that would need to be recalled, know what I mean? So I'm not excusing her exactly, but just saying that maybe its not as bad as you feel it is, if that makes any sense.
Same here. I didn't realize the scope of it. The news made it sound like it was just a few brands.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didnt spaz out.
someone was reading the list off line to me..I ask if mikes food was on there..then I went about my day. I wouldnt have heard about it for another day or two if it wasnt for my coworker.

I dont think people expected the list to be what it was.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

SHe did know about it tho, thats the thing. It's not like she hadnt heard about it until I told her. She said she'd heard of it, and sounded like she was ok, knew the food she fed wasnt affected.. then later she casually asked me if one of the brands she used was affected. It was the casualness that caught me off guard - my point is, what if we hadnt been talking. woudl she have bothered to go online and check and see if the food she was feeding was ok? I'm not saying she should "spaz out", but she jjust didn't seem to really give much of a damn.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I panicked the moment it was more than some grocery foods ....

i wasnt directly affected as mine dont eat cut n gravey due to allergies but I have shelved all Menu made canned for the time being