Minor circumstances - in need of opinions (or reassurance?)

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Totally understandable! I'm glad everything is on the upswing and Keeker feels better. Glad that I could give you some moral support. :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How is Da Keeks doing today?  I just found this thread, and Fyllis, if you ever decide to write a book about your life with the cats, please put my name down for an autographed copy! 

I now have to go and get all trancy for a Reiki attunment.  Later, all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

How is Da Keeks doing today?  I just found this thread, and Fyllis, if you ever decide to write a book about your life with the cats, please put my name down for an autographed copy! 

I now have to go and get all trancy for a Reiki attunment.  Later, all.
LOL, Thank you! I'm sure I could write an interesting book involving these two and their antics! Oh, the stories I could tell!

Today was the day! I went to scoop the poop and only found 'logs'! YAY! He still has one packet of probiotic to go and he will get that tommorrow. I never dreamed that at my age I would be yelling, "Whoopieeeeeeeeeeee!" while sifting through a litter box and finding the 'perfect turd'! I did give in at that point and gave both Keeker & Kricket a small treat! They neither had any since this episode began and they were thrilled! 

Funny you should mention Reiki because I have also been giving both the Boys massages all week. Kricket has always loved a good all-over body massage, but Keeker always hated being touched. Ironically, after a couple sessions, he began to settle down and allow me to lay my hands on him. He is now enjoying gentle massages around his mouth and throat and down his back and sides, and has even given in to a couple paw massages as well (the bely thing isn't happening with him... yet!). It's a slow process and he is sometimes a little stubborn in admitting how much he likes it, but I don't push him at all. We've been working the massages in after his play sessions when he is too worn out to argue, LOL  It's relaxing for all of us. I just wish I could train them to reciprocate! 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

LOL, Thank you! I'm sure I could write an interesting book involving these two and their antics! Oh, the stories I could tell!

Today was the day! I went to scoop the poop and only found 'logs'! YAY! He still has one packet of probiotic to go and he will get that tommorrow. I never dreamed that at my age I would be yelling, "Whoopieeeeeeeeeeee!" while sifting through a litter box and finding the 'perfect turd'! I did give in at that point and gave both Keeker & Kricket a small treat! They neither had any since this episode began and they were thrilled! 

Funny you should mention Reiki because I have also been giving both the Boys massages all week. Kricket has always loved a good all-over body massage, but Keeker always hated being touched. Ironically, after a couple sessions, he began to settle down and allow me to lay my hands on him. He is now enjoying gentle massages around his mouth and throat and down his back and sides, and has even given in to a couple paw massages as well (the bely thing isn't happening with him... yet!). It's a slow process and he is sometimes a little stubborn in admitting how much he likes it, but I don't push him at all. We've been working the massages in after his play sessions when he is too worn out to argue, LOL  It's relaxing for all of us. I just wish I could train them to reciprocate! 
Hekitty is a massage junkie.  She'll let me do her neck, around the base of the ears and back all day long.  She's not quite so fond of the legs, but we're slowly getting used to it, and when the mood is right, she adores a paw massage.  Little does she know I'm getting her used to being handled so I don't have to pay to have her claws clipped!  I'm just sneaky like that.  It's so funny to watch her roll over and spread her toes so I can get in between them!