Milk? Bread? What are your essentials?

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I don't worry about snow, storms, earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, tornadoes or other natural disasters. I live too high for any kind of floods, this is neither a snow, hurricane or tornado-prone area, storms are not of the disaster  type, and although I live in California not everywhere are you subject to disastrous earthquakes.  There are no known fault lines where I live and the worst shaking I have ever felt was in 1971 which rolled me out of bed but nothing was broken and thee was no damage to anything inside my dwelling, and another on Easter morning about 4 years ago when again nothing fell down but the cars in the parking lot were rocking on their shocks and all the car alarms went off.

I have a big freezer stuffed to the gills, if the power went out I could still cook on my enclosed patio via a small BBQ, I have big bins of staples, lots of home made canned veggies and fruit, and always keep a 30 lb bag of litter and a 15 lb bag of catfood. So if there really were a disaster coming this way I'd be set.  

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've lived through this more than a few times!!

My essentials are:

Bread (for sandwiches)
Lunch meat
Canned goods (tuna, salmon, ready made things that can be opened and eaten from the can)

Fruit

Cat litter and cat food if I don't think I have enough for a week.
Tea

I always have toilet paper in the house, so I don't need to run out and buy more for a storm.