military dermatitis

neme64

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has scabs around neck and face. He CONSTANTLY is licking himself and itching. Is there anything that can be recommended for him. Years back did food testing put him on prozac is seemed a bit better.. He has been on nothing perhaps he feel my anxiety!! He goes ballistic in a carrier so cannot being him to the vet. Do give him a little salmon oil but if anything he needs something to calm him. Does anyone out there have the same issue!! He's combed an brushed everyday does not go out. Ni fleas or mites. Some blackish wax in his ears but Prev vet said it was not mites.. I think its the military dermatitis..

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
About getting him to the vet, you might ask them for a calming product to help him so that you have a way to get him in when you need to.

This suggestion isn't a cure, but see about getting some unflavored store bought chamomile tea (garden grown isn't safe for cats). Brew some, cool it and apply to his hot spots. It is anti bacterial and anti fungal.
Also, coconut oil is anti microbial. Both of these will help ease his discomfort and are safe if he licks it.

There are new food brands such as Mouser now, maybe one of these could work better for him?