Migraines

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pauline

Auras and spots are my sign. If I take excedrin migraine at that point, I may not get the migraine but I still get the migraine hangover. The tinglie feeling all over your body for a day or so. Nothing but sleep works after the initial signs.
I've never heard anyone else comment about the 'migraine hangover!' I always thought I was strange, because I have a tingly feeling for a day or so afterwards.

I, too, have never heard of the Calcium treatment. It certainly seems like something worthwhile to try. Supplementing Calcium is probably a good idea for everyone, not just migraine sufferers. I'm going to pick some up the next time I'm at the store!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I've never heard anyone else comment about the 'migraine hangover!' I always thought I was strange, because I have a tingly feeling for a day or so afterwards.
I thought that was common? Anytime I've had a migraine it usually takes two days after to recover from that slow/stupor feeling, the head soreness, and the photophobia.

I remember back in HS there was another kid in one of my classes that was unluckily enough to have frequent migraines - sometimes several a week. When he tried to explain to one teacher how sick they made him and how difficult it was to recover, she was less then sympathetic.

I agree with Pauline. Unless you've had a migraine (or maybe a severe head injury), you don't know what it's like. The only thing I can think to be thankful for is that I'd rather deal with migraines then cluster headaches....