Midnight is acting weird

soopermouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so lately I noticed she barely eats but she drinks a lot of water. She doesnt eat her wet food anymore but a bit of dry food, sometimes a few prawns and thats that. She does however eat salad. When I put in food in her tray she's enthusiastic but then she smells it and walks away.

She doesn't act sick, has not lost weight but she seems scared of me- she spends quite a bit of time in the kitchen and when she sees me going in and runs and hides

she is a lot friendlier at night and every morning she sits on my chest or shoulders and demands pettings.

Vet visit ? growing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

soopermouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she ate prawns and half a bowl of lettuce with thousand island sauce last night and a bowl of dry food this morning. I'm taking her to the vet today , also need to sort out her being spayed since she turns 6 months next week.

I have been told spaying will make her calmer and she won't keep me up at night anymore, is this true?

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, spaying generally makes the cat calmer.

Some of her behavior may be related to her being in heat, especially her being more affectionate.

And I agree:  With ANY change in behavior, a vet visit/call to the vet should be considered.

soopermouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she is also running around bouncing off the walls, then being affectionate, then hiding, then acting as if she's scared of me. I haven't gotten a decent night's sleep in weeks.  Going to vet now :)

soopermouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK the vet says she's just spoiled. Came back home, gave her some nice whiskas wet food which she obliterated. 

weird cat :)