Midnight: 2 Weeks And 1 Day.....

TheresaB96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
FB_IMG_1535119255844.jpg
Midnight...."Midi"...."Fuzzbutt" ....and, yes, sometimes, "Pain in the Butt"..., Was born the 6th of 7, in my current house, in the Spring....March, 2002. I adopted her from my sister, 8 weeks after the 7th kitten passed, and she became the runt. This photo was taken 2014...Midi was a gorgeous Tortie girl; still, at that time, full of Vinegar. She was a real spitfire. Her favorite things were: Starkist Albacorre Tuna, her squeaky crab dog toy, catnip, and licking coca cola bottles and cans. I monitored her closely beginning April 1st, 2016, as I had noticed cataracts getting more cloudy. She had gotten frail, but still kept her feisty Spirit. 16 August, I knew her Time was getting very close, because she shadowed every move I made. She also had left 2 noticeable piles of poo out of the box. This was not like her. She was over "warning off" Fuzzle, anyway. He has his own box! 17 August, she repeated the process. Her frailty of the past several months....weight loss, then gain, then eating, then not...then losing weight again.... What dignity is there for an old, very regal girl in that life!? So....I made the agonizing, gut-wrenching decision to let her go... She was my Tuna-sharing, chicken-stealing, Cubs-Watching, Katrina-Surviving BFF, and I still miss her!!!♥♥♥

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TheresaB96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
***Add: I made a typo with the date of 2016, here. I began to really watch Midi 2018, April. She began her decline for real in May. 16 August was my, "red flag", and she left for the bridge 17 August, 2018.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that you lost that sweet little girl, but you had a wonderful life with her and have no regrets, she is just fine now, healthy and strong again and you will see her cute little face again one day and it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

TheresaB96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your memories will serve to bring you comfort, nothing can ever take that from you. She will ALWAYS be licking that Coke can, for as long as you live.
Although their physical presence is no longer in our homes, and the emptiness invades our hearts and lives, they are near. The bond of love, the memories, will forever tie your souls together, and now she is actually a part of your very being.
"Death cannot take that which never dies", and your love for that sweet girl never will.
You were right to end the pain, the decline into nothing but unending suffering and confusion. She WAS regal, the queen of her and Fuzzle's domain, she deserved to have her dignity. What you did you did out of love and respect, that can never be wrong.
She walked many years beside you on your life's journey, now she follows a new path, but a path that will forever parallel your own. She would like nothing more than you to find happiness and joy once more in life, because that is what love is, and to send it to her with your prayers to bring her joy and comfort too, not the tears and darkness that her passing left behind. It is as you would want for her if you were the first to go, and she wants no less for the one she loves so much.
My heart goes out to you, I know how much this hurts, and how long it takes for your heart to adjust to the loss. Time will help to dull the sharp edges of grief, and your beautiful memories of happier times will once more bring her life to the forefront, not the sad end, as it should be. Take care my friend......RIP beautiful Midnight. You will be dearly missed, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

TheresaB96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Di and Bob. This made me cry. Not uncontrollably, but, it did, anyhow. A note about that Coke Can:. "Fuzzle" discovered the coolness of a refrigerated Coke Zero mini bottle this morning. He figured it out! I think Midi surely must approve!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
This brought tears to my eyes. It’s so hard losing such a beloved family member. There’s never quite enough time with them, is there? :sigh:

You and Midnight are in my thoughts. RIP, little one. :rbheart:

JacobinCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Condolences. My beautiful kitty Dominique passed away on August 3 at the age of 18, and I am still crying for her.

Midi looks so beautiful, and SO loved. My heart aches with you.

TheresaB96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Condolences. My beautiful kitty Dominique passed away on August 3 at the age of 18, and I am still crying for her.

Midi looks so beautiful, and SO loved. My heart aches with you.
♥

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Midnight, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

She was, is, and will always be such a lovely lady! Love does not die, you know. It changes form, then continues on, still Love. Love abides. Midnight is with you still, teaching Fuzzle the wonders of a Coke can, purring gently next to your heart.

TheresaB96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Fuzzle and I made it through Hurricane (?) Gordon, with no scratches. We're all good. I think The Lord and Midi were watching over us. ♥ . She will always be my girl, but he and I are already bonding. He will give me a gentle "boop" on my nose with his cute nose. It's adorable. So, here we go... My prayer is for long years with him.