Midi....one Month, And Counting...,

TheresaB96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, guys.... I gotta tellya; this month has not been easy. I lost my beautiful, feisty, loveable green-eyed, senior girl to old age and failing health onr month ago, to the day. Then, on 11 September, 2018, my sister's beautiful Tuxedo'ed Boxer, crossed the bridge because hemangiosarcoma had returned, and they didn't want Axel hurting anymore. (He would have been 5 on 23 Sept!). I have cried a LOT this month. There have been times, I have curled up in my bed at night, hugging my pillow, sobbing....telling God, "I miss my Midi", like a thrre year old child. Thankfully, HE has watchcare over her now; she is healthy and whole....and HE understands my sadness.
EVEN with the tears, there have been moments of laughter, well....because Fuzzle. Fuzzle, I found out, is a Ragdoll/Tabby mix.
He is a total riot. He snuggles for all of 10 minutes, then, he is ⚡⚡⚡all OVER my house....gets the crazies like kittens do, and just. Rolly/tumbly/Pell-mell ball of floof. I love his olive/lime green eyes and his soft self. He is a MESS, and at almost 7 months, he is a handful.

And, yet....I am still not used to Midi's absense. I called the newbie "Fuzzle Girl" the other dsy, completely outta habit! Fuzzle is a HIM! . I guess healing takes time. I have not walked this road in forever; not since a kid. So....colour me a newbie, I guess. Prayers are appreciated. I will, when the weather cools, trim back the lantana at Midi's resting place. Then, will sit and talk with my gal. But, right now, it's too hot for anything.
So....
♥

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello, and my heartfelt condolences to you and your family!!
RIP sweet Midi baby. You were so very loved!! :rbheart:

And a very warm welcome to Fuzzle :bouquet:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grief is a long road full of uphill twists and turns. Of course you miss your Midi, she was a part of your world and now she is absent from that world and will ALWAYS be dearly missed. I remember in your tribute to Midi you mentioned getting Fuzzle, let him be a welcome distraction from your grief, because kittens are pure joy and exhausting to keep up with. And you need that distraction right now. You will grow to love him, to open your heart to him, because Midi taught you how much happiness can come from a love between a cat and a human, your heart knows no species. Although the new love will be different, because no two loves can be the same, they will be equal in time just as a parent loves all their children, each unique and precious.
Send Midi happy thoughts, she needs to know you will be OK, that although she left your life she will always be in your world because she is a part of your very soul. Always sharing each joy, and all the sorrow too. Let her love bloom and grow with the new love, not be diminished in the darkness of your tears. Just as you would want for her,you know she would never want you to be so sad. Do not let death be more important than then her life. Do not let it overshadow the the happiness she brought you, what having her in your life meant to you. Take one day at a time right now, time is the only thing that helps. And the love and joy that Fuzzle is trying to give you right now, that Midi will help you open your heart to. As an addition to the love already there, the love that will always be..... because love is eternal and will never die.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TheresaB96

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. This was what I needed to see. This adcixe Is golden. Fuzzle is a joy. He has his own antics because ...kitten. i am having ro learn kitten all over again, 15 years later. That's a hoot!