Microeconomics

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone here taken Microeconomics?

I'm thinking about taking this next term (we can start registering for classes on October 10). I heard that it was a pretty tough course and I'm wondering if it would be too much of a workload with taking algebra 2 and working full-time (straight 40 hours, no OT). The other courses I'm going to take besides the aforementioned algebra are world history 2 and tech writing 1 (this will finish out my required English credits).

Opinions?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
one of the 2 econ class was a pain, i really dont remember if it was Microeconomics i would not take it, at the same time as taking tech writing(that class was real pain, but then again you know my issue with writting)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

one of the 2 econ class was a pain, i really dont remember if it was Microeconomics i would not take it, at the same time as taking tech writing(that class was real pain, but then again you know my issue with writting)
I've always heard that micro was tougher than macroeconomics. I don't mind the challenge of a tough class, I just don't want to overextend myself if I end up struggling with algebra 2.

I aced English Comp 1 and 2, so I should be fine when it comes to technical writing. I also want to take a non-fiction creative writing class. I figure that both of these may be beneficial when it comes to writing term papers as I get further along with my major.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am taking Financial Accounting, Solar System Astronomy, and Intermediate Algebra all at the same time (as well as English Comp). The three math heavy classes are a big challenge, because I also work full time (40 hours).

I would say wait to take Econ until after you are done with Algebra. You will have time to take it later! I wish I would not have taken so many classes with different mathematical concepts.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took Micro in my sophomore year of college. I liked it, never paid attention, got an A... We did a lot of games and stuff...

I think how 'tough' it is really depends on who's teaching it and how easily you can pick up the general theme.