Microchipping, what did you pay?

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet charges $50 per kitty, he gave us a discount for bringing in the two, I think I paid $75 for the implant (which was over quick and seemed not to bother them at all). I paid $17 a piece to register the chip with their info.

I then got a flyer from the rescue group I adopted them from offering $25 implant with registration

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At home they charge $100 per cat, here I found one place that charge $50 and one that charges $30. Both of my cats were free though (one with adoption the other with spay)

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Loki was microchipped when I adopted him from the Humane Society (they did it right before I took him home while I was filling out paperwork).

When I was looking for another cat I found out that some PetCo.s will do it. Not all of them, though, so you'll have to check. I think it was about $25. I'm not sure about Petsmart. There's not one around me so I didn't look. It turned out that Possum was already microchipped anyway.

Natalie_CA-
When did you get your cats spayed? I've never heard of spay tattoos. I've never had a cat spayed, but our dog was spayed in 1992 and my sister's dog about 3 years ago and neither have tattoos. My sister's and my four cats are all neutered, but none have tattoos. Is it just for the Humane Society? Is this a California thing?

Tricia