Microchip - your thoughts?

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Glad you decided to go for it and that everything went well. Out of curiousity, which brand chip does your vet use? I've had experience with ResQ and HomeAgain. Both are great, though I think ResQ is a bit more user friendly as far as registration and updating info.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hannahgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatNurse22

Glad you decided to go for it and that everything went well. Out of curiousity, which brand chip does your vet use? I've had experience with ResQ and HomeAgain. Both are great, though I think ResQ is a bit more user friendly as far as registration and updating info.
My Vet uses ResQ. I was trying to do research about it online today and couldn't find anything, because I was typing in "rescue"! So thanks for that! I did bring home the paperwork to fill out for it...it looks fairly easy.

My cat came home looking skinnier...maybe because her fur is kind of flattened and her eyes appear larger, which I know someone said could happen. She is SO happy to be home, leaving her scent on everything and purring a lot!!!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, I'm so glad your kitty is home and everyone is happy!!

(my kitty is microchipped too)

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All four of the cats I have had as an adult were microchipped. The two I have now were chipped at the shelter before I adopted them. One had his chip migrate to his shoulder, but neither have had any problems with the chips. My Rainbow Bridge kitties were chipped after a run-in with a neighbor--having my cats chipped made me feel safer since I had a way to prove that they were mine if an issue were to arise. All of my cats have been indoor only, but there is always a risk of escape (even if everyone is always careful about not letting them out, there is still a risk during an emergency situation, like a fire, of them gaining access to the outside).

hannahgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

Aw, I'm so glad your kitty is home and everyone is happy!!

(my kitty is microchipped too)
My cat can't stop walking around rubbing her scent on everything...and mostly she keeps going back to her catnip scratching pad!!! She has this insatiable appetite! I gave her dinner, then she kept begging so I gave her a bit more...not sure if that's a side effect from the dental cleaning today - or from the fact that she couldn't eat today until the afternoon...?

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guess would be that she couldn't eat today and I'm sure she's so thrilled to be home with you
I'm sure she's reclaiming her territory also.

hannahgirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

My guess would be that she couldn't eat today and I'm sure she's so thrilled to be home with you
I'm sure she's reclaiming her territory also.
You're right, she was begging for breakfast this morning and I couldn't explain to her why she couldn't have any. They fed her after she woke up, but that was around noon. I can just imagine her walking around saying "this is mine, and this, and this"....hahaha