Microchip needle

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by Pombina

My little card says Bayer. I've never heard of them, I might have a look on the internet later on at them.
I believe the Bayer "ResQ" chip is pretty new (if that's what you got)... I had heard about it right before I got Oliver chipped and asked Dr. Kathy but our hospital only offers AVID right now, so that's what Oliver got... I am curious about the Bayer chip though if it is the ResQ chip and you've got any info on it

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't remember if it's a Bayer chip, but Annie had a Thermochip (one that tells the temperature at the same time as giving general information)

Although I agreed to Annie getting this chip, I have since heard some negative reviews about it's ability to tell temperature.

I am yet to have a real opinion on it, but I will let you know!

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

My little card says Bayer. I've never heard of them, I might have a look on the internet later on at them.
In U.S.---
We get free updates - the company we're with is "HomeAgain" www.homeagainid.com (for Phoebe & Simon). KiKi is Avid - I believe we get free updates with them, too.

Seems like having to pay for updates is wrong - you've already paid for the chip, and the registration - sorry for you guys!

Gloria

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stoli had his chip put in today......he DID NOT like it, the had to give him some anesthesia to be able to do it....it took like 20 minutes.....it was awful, but the vet was also full of screaming cats for some reason today

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

Stoli had his chip put in today......he DID NOT like it, the had to give him some anesthesia to be able to do it....it took like 20 minutes.....it was awful, but the vet was also full of screaming cats for some reason today
I'm really sorry to hear you and Stoli had a bad experience, that's so sad!
for you!

Hope Stoli is doing ok - maybe he's doing better than his mommy?

Maybe the other cats' screaming contributed to his reaction?

Glad it's over for you and Stoli!

Gloria

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we are both doing ok. . . .it was horrible to see him so scared! I'm positive the other cats contributed to his reaction because there was this one cat who made SO much noise, awful yowling meows in the waiting room. But it's over and he's registered......