methods of discipline?

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't really ever hadany reason to discipline if they are doing anything I would rather they didn't I just distract them .

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My oldest Kandie Hisses at you if you scold her and puts her ears back ...lol.. at 18 she basically tells me what to do

Gigi my pup gets picked up and put in time out , normally it works but she is a terror opps terrier

Zoey understands english better than most kidergardeners I have met ... but she lacks understanding as to why running accross the dinner table is wrong since Kandie does it when Humans arent looking... all other stuff she reponeds when told

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

... but she lacks understanding as to why running accross the dinner table is wrong since Kandie does it when Humans arent looking...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Discipline? What is that? Trout wouldn't know, thats for sure..She wouldn't listen to me if I hung her upside down off the CN tower.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing that Radar does that he is not supposed to (it is really really unpleasant for me) is try to climb up the inside of my trouserlegs. It drives me nuts, his claws dig in, and he gets overexcited and nips my legs.

I wear slightly flared jeans so I suppose to my rambunctious little 5 month old they are nothing more than really exciting kitty-tunnels just waiting to be explored

The only thing that works is to distract him onto other behaviour, but not all of his toys are good enough to distract him from the magical lure of the kitty-tunnels, although a large feather toy usually does the trick.

I have tried all sorts of other things - yelling OUCH! so he knows it hurts, scolding him, pushing him away and saying NO (in his eyes this makes it an even more exciting game), hissing (he looks at me as if to say 'whatever' and goes right back to work), and growling (which gets ignored).

I think I will just have to go and buy a pair of bicycle clips

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

My cats rarely have to discipline me at all anymore. I pretty much do whatever they want.

Originally Posted by AsecretK

Ha ha that sounds like my Bob. Five month old boy with trouble on his mnd.

He can be getting into something and I will yell his name "Bob, get outta there" and he will try to get into it faster with that devilish face. It is like he knows if I am using a certain tone of voice that whatever he is into must be good or I wouldn't say anything at all.
are they brothers from another mother?!?! this is Louie to a TEE! Especially in the linen closet, everytime I open it he runs like a bolt of lightening to get in there, and I grab him and toss him a few ft away, and immediately back into the closet! (over & over & over....
)

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Discipline? What is that? Trout wouldn't know, thats for sure..She wouldn't listen to me if I hung her upside down off the CN tower.
awww Natalie, not my sweet little trout! I don't believe you for 1 minute!